Friday, June 3, 2016

Romans 8:6-8 - "In His Time"

The Lord took me back to Romans 8 this morning and as I read verses six through eight He stopped me. This is some good stuff in these verses....


I truly believed the reason He stopped me at these verses is because of the way my flesh crept into the way I handled life yesterday. I know the Lord is in control. I know His time is the perfect time. I know these things in my heart. Unfortunately, in my tiredness I allowed the trials of yesterday to take away my peace of these words and for that I am truly sorry. I wish I could turn the clock back and handle things differently but I can't so what I did do was repent of my actions and once again surrender the timing to the Lord. The move will happen when He sees fit. If there are ten billion more faxes to be sent, I will do it joyfully and without grumbling. He has a reason for all of this and I will rejoice in it. 

It is ironic that 'His timing' is something that I am dealing with since I talked with one yesterday dealing with it in his own way. As I visited a friend in a rehab/nursing home yesterday the Lord prompted me to anoint him to have open ears, eyes and mouth to be Jesus to someone who needs Him in that place. This is his second visit there over the last few months. Prior to visiting him the first time I prayed for a word for him. The Lord told me to anoint him with the promise that he would be healed but it would be in the Lord's timing. He reminded me of that yesterday and said, "I'm still waiting on His time to heal me but it has been a long time." That reminded me of my nine month time last year where I kept praying for a healing and felt like it would never happen. The Lord promised me He would heal me and in His time that happened. During that nine months I kept wondering if I was missing something or doing something wrong that He wasn't healing me. But it all came down to being His timing. The same will happen for my friend. As I told him yesterday, the Lord has taken him back to that facility for someone who needs Jesus. I pray he will be Him to whoever that is and stay strong in his faith in the promise. The Lord does not take us places to make us fall. He takes us places to be strong and to grow our faith. I love that saying I was reminded of the other day...'God is responsible for the consequences of our obedience!' Yes! God has a plan for this man to be Jesus to someone there in that place. He also has a plan for us as we are obedient in leaving our comfort zone and moving so far away. As we stay focused on Him, He will provide whatever is needed for us to do His will. That is exciting to think about in the midst of the sadness of leaving family and friends. I am grateful in knowing there are new friends who are already praying for us in this time just as there are old friends who will continue to pray for us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday...today...and tomorrow. Thank You for the promises of Your Word. Thank You for reminders of what is needed to be what You desire of me. Lord, would You fill me to overflowing with more of You? Would You fill my depleted physical tank with an added bonus of Your supernatural strength? Would You keep me focused on You today as I go throughout this day? Father, if another fax is needed would You please give me the right attitude? Lord, would You be my peace today no matter what happens or doesn't happen? Thank You Father for being My Life. Amen.

No comments: