Monday, June 13, 2016

Psalm 37:4 - "Good, Good Father"


Yesterday was one of those days where I thought I would bust if the Lord blessed me anymore. Woo hoo! Hearing Ben preach, experiencing worship under the lead of Jason and Emily, seeing Miss Evelyn and Mr Beckett participate in the service, being able to bless them at the altar, having lunch with them....oh my! God is so good! As I was blessing them at the altar I thought back to how I was probably Miss Evelyn's age when I started praying for the children I would have. My goal in life was to be a Mommy and so I decided as a child I should start praying for my children. I wanted six at that time and picked out three girl and three boy names. I was a dreamer! I would lay out in the yard looking at the clouds, watching the airplanes fly over and ask God to bless me with children. He did good even though He realized I didn't need six! My prayers continue to be answered with the godly men my sons have grown to be. After I had them, I started praying for the Lord to bless them with godly wives. Once again, He did good! As they were growing up I prayed for them to seek His will for their lives. Yesterday as Ben gave his testimony about how the Lord worked through the time of the job he didn't like, the RV, the basement living and the position at Family Promise I was so blessed in knowing the Lord has answered my prayers. He is taking care of my boys and their families even when I can't be there. When we left Delaware a few weeks ago for our 'last time' for awhile, I fell apart. The Lord knew I needed yesterday. No tears fell but there were a whole lot of prayers of gratitude going up as we left them. God is so good. He had a plan for keeping us here another week. Part of that plan was so we could minister to Laura's family. Part of that plan was for rest. Another part of that plan was revealed yesterday as peace took over my being.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for the blessings You will give us today! Thank You for continuing to bless my boys, their ladies and their children. This Momma/Grandma/Memaw has prayed for that and will continue to pray for them all. Father, the day has finally come for us to get the truck. I pray we will have help to load. I also am thankful for the email I received of the help that will be when we arrive at our new home. Lord, so many memories flood back as I reflect back on these last fifteen years. As Ben said yesterday about the Delaware Church, they do life together. That is what a church body is all about. When we love on one another with Jesus' love, we will be empowered to love others too. Lord, would You please bless the Willard Naz, Delaware Naz and Beaufort Naz with the empowerment of doing life together in such a way that they will leave the comforts of their congregation to love on people? Would You empower them to be Jesus to all they meet? Would You bless them in abundance so there is no doubt You are at work in their midst? Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Blesser. Amen.

No comments: