Saturday, June 11, 2016

Romans 8:31b - "The Only Name"

As I was sitting at the bedside of one who appears to be in her last hours the song "The Only Name" came across on the TV. Yes! I want to live my life in a way that I can always say...

When I wake up in the Land of Glory
And with the saints I will tell my story
There will be one Name that I proclaim

When people are in there last days, family and friends react differently. Some deny it while others try to do their best to be strong. Some people who know they are dying will fight it while others give in peacefully. The Lord gives each person what they need when they allow Him to be their Comforter. Sitting at the bedside of a loved one who appears to be close to leaving is a hard place to be. It is a place no one wishes on anyone. But when we believe in the Lord we have His strength to enable us through the tough times. When we surrender to Him, we will see Him at work in and through not only others but through ourselves. He has a plan for each one of us. He knows when we will take our last breath. He knows what we need and will provide it. We do not always accept what He gives us but He is there for us. A lot of emotions come to the surface from things of the past as a loved one is passing from this earth. Some of those emotions are happy ones while other ones are hurtful. But He is greater than the hurts. He is greater than the 'junk' the enemy brings back into our memory. He is greater than words that are said that pierce our heart. He is greater than anything. There is a question in Romans 8 that we must remember as the enemy tries to tear us down in our weakness...


He is our strength during 'good times' and 'bad times'...He wants to enable us to stand up against the enemy when he tries to tear us down...He wants to see us lean on Him! Plain and simple. When we choose His strength, we will be enabled to get through tough circumstances a whole lot easier. It won't take the tough stuff away but it will make it easier!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the opportunity to be You to this family this morning. Thank You for loving them through me. Thank You for enabling me to have Your words. Father, I pray for peace in Laura. I pray You will be her and her family's strength during this tough time. Father, You are so awesome in the way You encourage me. I was grateful to hear "The Only Name" come on right at a time where I needed the reminder. Your Name is sometimes the only thing to say during these times. Your Name brings comfort. Your Name brings strength. Love on this family as they endure through some tough times. No one knows whether it will be today, tomorrow or when but when Laura walks into Your arms I pray Your arms will also be around this family. Thank You for living in and through me. I pray for more of Your empowerment as You continue to lead me down this road of being Your servant. I pray for more of You to speak through me and to be my actions. Thank You Jesus for being My Comforter. Amen.




No comments: