Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Don't Worry"

Frustrated...ready to give up...falling onto the bed in tears...yep, that's what happened to me yesterday morning. I spent a long time on the phone being given another number to call because 'you have not called the right department' to the point where I know my voice was showing frustration. On the very last call the representative was transferring me to another department. I asked to please not give me a computer but a live person. I felt bad afterward in knowing my voice was raising but I was so tired of 'for ...hit 1'! The very last representative that I talked to was the right one but I had to ask him to speak up so I could hear him. Frustration was overtaking me and I knew I needed to get off the phone as soon as possible. He sure did not have the answer I wanted to hear. When he told me my health insurance will cost double what I was paying in Ohio, I was shocked. I told him I could not afford that and would have to call back. After getting off the phone with him I fell apart. I was emotionally gone. I cried out to the Lord for direction. I got online and found some other options but was still unsettled in my spirit. Then the representative's words came back to me...'you have sixty days from your move-in date to change your insurance.' Alrighty then, I closed up my folder and computer and walked away from the task. Doc assured me the Lord did not bring us here to fall and He would take care of things. He also told me the enemy was trying to get a foothold. As I pondered what he said, I thought about how I had shared earlier in the day with a pastor's wife who was going through a tough time that I was praying for her that the enemy wouldn't steal her joy! Then later in the evening a friend shared these words: ""Remember when it seems impossible God makes the impossible possible. Look where y'll are now!! Enemy is just trying to discourage you and God has got this!!" Then she sent this picture to me...


I wouldn't consider what I experienced yesterday as worry but more of frustration. But I do know God is greater than frustration. He is greater than the unknowns of life. He is greater than the hurts of life. He is greater than the questions of life. Plain and simple...He is greater. He already knows which insurance I will have AND I am assured it is the best one for me. 

In Philippians 4, tucked between the verses that tell us to be 'joyful always' and the 'whatever' verses are key verses on how to live out each and every day.


The other day we had a turtle in the yard that came up from the water. He didn't have a care in the world. The Lord reminded me that He took care of that turtle just as He will take care of me. After supper I asked Doc to go with Mordecei and I for a walk. I am still fearful of the big dog from last week so we haven't walked. The whole time walking I kept repeating II Timothy 1:7 but continued to keep looking over my shoulder. Fear is something that can be crippling to a person. I allowed fear to keep me from walking for a week. Do I know the Lord will take care of me? Absolutely! He protected Mort and I from physical injury last week in a situation that could have been a whole lot worse. Do I need to worry about that dog? No, but I do need to be careful. Do I need to worry about my health insurance? No. I need to pray and wait on His direction on what to do. As I do this, His peace will be My Guide.

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You use people, animals, situations, and Your Word together in my mind! You are so awesome in the way You provide exactly what I need at exactly the right time! You are so awesome in the way You love me so greatly! Lord, today is a day full of ministry but please keep my eyes open to opportunities to be You to others throughout this day. I pray for safety on the roads, Your peace to go with us and Your wisdom to be heard through us. I pray for more of You to flow from me. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Guide. Amen.

No comments: