Sunday, June 12, 2016

Ephesians 6 - "My Story"


I woke up this morning from a bad dream about a pastor. I immediately started praying for all pastors who are going into the pulpit this morning. There is a battle going on every time a pastor preaches. The enemy does not want people to know the way of the Lord so he fights every word in whatever way possible. He cannot be everywhere as the Lord is so he uses people to do his job. Some of these people will be critical of the sermon. Some will be angry  and be nasty to a brother or sister in the church. Some will quit going to a church for one reason or another. The enemy is working overtime, especially in a church with a godly leader. Oh how I pray for the enemy to be knocked down in all situations. I pray for the glory of the Lord to shine bright through pastors. I pray for those going through times of 'drought' in their ministry to be rewarded greatly. I pray for those who are dealing with issues in their personal life to repent and allow the Lord to cleanse them. I pray for those who are hurting over a prodigal child to have their faith renewed in knowing they will return. I pray for those dealing with physical health issues to be healed. I pray for those dealing with temptation to stand up against the enemy and live what they know to be pleasing to the Lord. I pray for the flocks of churches to surround their pastor with encouragement today instead of tearing him or her down with hurtful words. I pray for churches to be full today with people who are supportive of their pastor. My heart breaks to be asked to pray for situations where pastors are asked to leave or ridiculed to the point where they are broken. As I was praying these lyrics from the song "My Story" came to my mind....

If I told you my story
You would hear victory over the enemy
And if I told you my story
You would hear freedom that was won for me
And if I told you my story
You would hear Life overcome the grave

Yes! All believers need to be able to sing these words but especially those God calls to preach the Gospel. They are at the frontline to receive darts from the enemy. They are the ones who live in glass houses with people just waiting for them to make a mistake. It is critical for them to stay in right relationship with the Lord. They must be on their knees seeking His ways each and every day in a greater way than others. Before their feet hit the floor each morning they must put on the full armor of God and be ready for the battles that  will be put before them. Some of those battles come from the Lord to stretch their faith but many come from the enemy to tear them and their church apart.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me to pray for pastors. Thank You for my pastor who I get to see live out a life for You each and every day. Thank You for the way he is taking this step of faith in listening to moving. Thank You for the way You continue to provide exactly what is needed during this step of faith. Thank You for keeping us here an extra week so we could be wh Laura's family as she left this earth. Lord, I don't know if the dream I had was from You or not but I pray specifically for this pastor in my dream. If he is dealing with temptation, give him what he needs to stand up against it. I also pray if there is a different pastor in the same situation, give them what they need to stand up against the enemy. Father, I pray for all pastors going into the pulpit today. I pray for the Willard Church as it will be the first Sunday Doc is not there. I pray for Pastor Mike as he preaches there. I pray for Pastor Karen who will be preaching her last Sunday as interim at the Beaufort Church. I pray for Ben as he preaches at the Delaware Church. I pray for Pastor Roland who is traveling a distance to fill in as interim. Lord, go before these pastors and others going into the pulpit. Strengthen them through Your love. Empower them with the Holy Spirit with boldness. Father, I also pray for family members of pastors who are hurting. I pray they will be empowered with Your love so that their words will be soothing to them. There are many pastors are Sabbatical right now or getting ready to go on one. I pray for them to be renewed and refreshed during this time away from the pulpit. I pray for their families to be reconciled and for their church to be in prayer for them. I pray for those who will be ordained at District Assembly to take their vows seriously and to be in prayer about this step in their life. Lord, I pray for more of You to be in me so that I will see how to encourage pastors in a greater way. Thank You Jesus for being My Full Armor. Amen.

No comments: