Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Romans 8:26-27 - "Just Be Held"


This morning the Lord took me back to Romans 8 and had me settle in on verses twenty-six through twenty-seven. As I read these verses I thought of the different ones He woke me up to pray for in the wee hours of the day. There are times in life when we truly do not know how to pray. The words just won't come or if they do, we may not know if we are praying for the right thing. The end of circumstances can be overwhelming and there are times our prayers seem to not be heard. But we can be assured He always hears our prayers. His answer may not be the answer we are looking for but He does answer. This morning I am praying for...

  • my friend whose mother is going downhill in her physical body. This morning the Lord woke me early to pray for my friend for strength. I received a message later stating a mass had been found. I am grateful the Lord woke me to pray for her before she got  this news.
  • my friend who lost her Daddy yesterday. It is a bittersweet time for her and her family. He has wanted to go be with Jesus since his dear wife went. 
  • my friend who is facing having a kidney removed due to cancer.
  • my friend who is dealing with breast cancer.
  • my sister who had surgery yesterday and in pain.
  • my friend who is dealing with her husband making choices definitely not from the Lord.
  • my friend who lives many miles from her elderly mother and being torn on what to do for her.
  • my friend who is physically, mentally and emotionally drained due to the circumstances of life right now.
  • my friend who needs to hear from the Lord on the direction she needs to take with a relationship.
  • my friends who continue to pray for their loved one for deliverance from an occult.
There are so many people the Lord has me praying for. I pray each of them would realize the words of Romans 8:26-27. I pray they will realize the Spirit is there for them. When they feel like they cannot pray themselves, He is there to intercede.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the rest You provided last night for my tired body. Thank You for the love You lavish on me. Thank You for the day ahead. It is definitely not the day I anticipated but I know there is a reason in the delay for our move. I pray You will give us rest as we wait. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me. May Your attitude be my attitude. May Your words be my words. May Your love ooze out of me greatly. Thank You Jesus for being My Intercessor. Amen.




No comments: