Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Romans 8:1-4; II Timothy 1:7 - "Break Every Chain"

"There is power in the name of Jesus...break every chain, break every chain, break every chain..." As I read the beginning of Romans 8 the Lord brought this song to my mind. There are so many hurting people in my little world that continue to refuse to accept God's peace. If only they would realize, the way to His peace in the midst of the storms of life comes through surrender. True surrender happens when one realizes nothing they have belongs to them but rather belongs to the Lord. Surrender allows freedom from the ways of the world that pull us into sin. Surrender allows the Holy Spirit to work in and through us in a supernatural way. I know some people ran from 'supernatural' but I run into it because I want His power to be in me. I have seen His power heal. I have seen Him empower. There is nothing to be afraid of when thinking of His supernatural power. The enemy wants us to fear but I stand on II Timothy 1:7 that promises me that God did not give me a spirit of fear but instead He gives me a spirit of power, love and self-control. Woo hoo! He is so awesome! It is only through His empowerment that we can walk in the Spirit instead of the flesh. He gives us free choice and we must choose His way instead of the way of the world. As we make this choice, we will realize the freedom that comes in it. We don't deserve this freedom but because of Jesus' death on the cross we can realize it. Oh how I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves and to allow the Holy Spirit free reign. I pray for people to realize this world is only temporary but a life with Christ is eternity. One cannot live  their life in the flesh and expect to live with the Holy Spirit for eternity. The decision must be made to be sold out to the Lord in every aspect of their life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day ahead. Thank You for the rest You have provided. Thank You for the peace in our situation. Lord, today I am praying for those who know You but have not surrendered to You. I am praying they will get to the end of themselves and realize You need to be King of Kings and Lord of Lords of their life. Father if they need direction, I pray they will seek counsel. I pray for some mighty great changes to be seen in people's lives. I pray You will truly be number one for more people. Lord, thank You for breaking the chains of my past and giving me the joy of living for You. Thank You for the hope of the days ahead. Thank You for filling me with more of You as I walk in Your ways. Thank You Jesus for being My Number One. Amen.


No comments: