Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Isaiah 40:31 - "If We're Honest"

My heart breaks for those who are not in relationship with the Lord. I honestly do not understand how people get through tough situations without having His strength to lean upon. The sin we are born with is enough to pull anyone down into the depths of hell if they do not realize Jesus is the answer. I woke up in the middle of the night with the song "If We're Honest" going through my mind. We have to get to the end of ourselves in order to allow the Lord to be not only our Savior but also the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life.

Bring your brokenness, and I'll bring mine
'Cause love can heal what hurt divides
And mercy's waiting on the other side
If we're honest
If we're honest


I am hurting for some today that refuse Him. I am rejoicing for the one who accepted Him into their life Sunday at church. I am praying for those who need to take that step of faith. I love this verse....


One cannot 'wait' upon the Lord unless they are in relationship with Him. In order to be in such a relationship one must not only accept Him into their life but they must go one step further and that is in surrender. This life is not about what we can do or what we want. It has to be all about what the Lord desires for us. He knows best. These last few weeks...months have been challenging and continue to be so yet I know I am right where He desires of me to be. I know as I 'wait' on Him He will 'renew my strength' and He will make the path before me not only possible but blessed. The tears began to form as I was putting out pictures of my babies and their babies. It breaks my heart to think about how my grand babies will never have another Christmas in our home. I was grateful for the comfort the Lord gave me and asked Him to give me an abundance of His love to get me through times like this. I am grateful for His strength that enabled my physical body to make this move without too many issues. I am grateful for His strength that enabled my emotional body to survive all of the 'lasts' in order to enjoy the 'firsts' over these last few weeks. I am grateful for the His strength that enabled my mental body to stay focused even in tiredness. Most of all I am grateful for the strength He has blessed my spiritual body with these last few weeks through some difficult days. Woo hoo! Yes! I will 'wait' upon the Lord because I know that is the best place to be! I do not ever want to manipulate a situation to make something happen in my time or in my way when the Lord's time and way are where the blessings are found. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving us so greatly that You chose us to be in this place at this time to love on people and to be Jesus to them! Thank You for my husband who is a godly man who desires to do Your will. Thank You for my babies and their babies who I miss greatly. Thank You for my new church family who have accepted us so well. Thank You for our old church family who truly are family and are missed. Thank You for the internet finally being in place in our home. Lord, today is a new day and I pray You will shine in and through me. I pray for more of You in me so You will ooze out of me. Lord, direct my steps today. There is so much to do and I don't want to miss any opportunity You put before me. Don't let me get caught up in getting stuff in the house in place when You may want me to be outside of the walls of this place to be Jesus to someone. Thank You Lord for being The One I Wait On. Amen.


No comments: