Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Colossians 1:9-12 - "God Will Make A Way"


‘Firsts’…they are a whole lot easier than ‘lasts’… God is so good at the way He continues to bless our new adventure. The ladies and young girls who came to help unpack boxes were awesome! Being able to see my kitchen floor again was such a blessing! The lasagna dinner Janice brought to us for when Adam came was very appreciated. The first service with our new church family was very comfortable! Adam being our first guest was such a blessing in all he did to help us. Hearing him and Doc laughing as they talked into the late hour of the night was such a blessing to me. Yes, the Lord is good and as the song we closed with Sunday says, “God will make a way when there seems to be no way…” Dr. Eddie said it would take a miracle for us to come to Beaufort. There have been many miracles since that first meeting with him. There is no doubt this is where we are support to be. I think of when Moses asked God to teach him the way to go in Exodus 33:13. Asking God for His direction is the key to knowing what to do and when to do it. Not only do we have to ask God for guidance but we have to listen to Him before we act. Too many times we get impatient and take off on our own doing instead of waiting. Waiting on the Lord is another key in the process. Psalm 86:11 shows how David used the knowledge given by the Lord to walk in His ways. Paul writes to the Colossian Church about how he was praying for them to be filled with “…the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives” (Colossians 1:9). Paul continues that when they have this knowledge they will live the way the Lord desires and will bear much fruit. That is the prayer for my life. I want to be in relationship with Him in a way that enables me to hear His voice. I want to walk in His will. I want to bear fruit. This new adventure may not be what I thought we would be doing a year ago but it definitely is what I know we are to be doing. I am excited for the days ahead where the harvest of our efforts will be seen in a mighty way. I know the Lord wants to do some mighty things in and through us. That is exciting!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for taking care of so many details over these last few days! Thank You for enabling my new friends to love on us so greatly! Thank You for being who You are in my life! Lord, the days ahead are ones of many uncertainties as far as man goes but it is comforting in knowing You already have everything worked out. I praise Your Holy Name for the way You know all! Thank You Jesus for being The One I Follow. Amen.




No comments: