Friday, June 10, 2016

Romans 8:17 - "From The Inside Out"

"Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fails...Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame..." Several times during the night the Lord woke me up with these words to "From The Inside Out" and I was blessed in knowing I am living it out. "Your will above all else, My purpose remains. The art of losing myself in bringing You praise..." Yes! This is my purpose in life...to live a life of surrender where He is in control. Yesterday as I talked with the one who appears to be in her last hours I was overwhelmed with His love. I don't know if she wasn't able to comprehend how deep His love for her is because of not being able to think clearly or if it was that she couldn't fathom how He would love her when she had not been living for Him for so many years. But I do know she knows He loves her and wants to be her strength in these tough days. As I held her hand and prayed He had me repeatedly pray for her to lean on His strength. I am so hopeful she is doing that. I remember praying with her son in the ER one time in his last days. He showed fear in his eyes but after talking and praying with him he had peace. I pray she has the same peace. I pray her family members will visit her and see that peace. I pray for ones who do not have His peace to seek it. The last days of a family member are so hard to deal with in so many different ways but when people know His peace it makes the days a bit easier. Watching and caring for a loved one as their earthly body deteriorate is so hard. It is only when we know we will see them again that we can bear the separation. I praise the Lord for the opportunity to share Him with Laura yesterday. I praise Him because I know even though she couldn't articulate many words she said "yes" when I asked her about Jesus. I praise Him for not only being her strength in these days but also being Carol's strength as she cares for her Momma. I am grateful Carol knows Him in an intimate way that will allow her to be strong even when she feels like she can't go on. Romans 8:17 tells us when we are His children we will share in His sufferings and also will share in His glory. As His children, no matter what happens to us while on this earth we have hope in spending eternity with Him. We need to be in relationship with Him and surrendered to His will so we will know what He desires of us. Glory! Woo hoo! Hope for tomorrow! Yes! That is where I desire to live! I do not want to live in the yesterdays because He has already forgiven me of what I did or did not do. I want to live today in knowing I am doing His will so I can be with Him in the tomorrows.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my time with Laura yesterday. Thank You for hearing that weak "yes" from her. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to talk with her. Lord, I pray an abundance of Your supernatural power to come down upon Carol. I pray for Your love to flow in and through her so she will feel Your strength. Lord, I pray for the day ahead for them. Whatever Your will is Father, I pray for them to accept it. Lord, thank You for loving us so greatly. Thank You for filling me to overflowing with more of You as I go throughout this day! Thank You for giving me the strength for today! Thank You for all You do for me! Thank You for being My Purpose! Amen.


No comments: