Thursday, June 9, 2016

Romans 8:38-39 - "Good, Good Father"


These words were going through my mind when I awoke this morning...

oh and I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching for answers only you can provide
'cause you know just what we need before we say a word

You're a good good father
It's who you are, It's who you are
Its who you are
And I'm love by you
It's who I am, It's who I am
It's who I am x 2

Today I have an opportunity to share my Heavenly Father with one who appears to be in her last days. She knows Him but has not been in relationship with Him for many years. Since my friend asked me to talk with her Mom I have been praying for His words to be my words in a way that would enable her to understand His love for her. This is a time where that might be hard to comprehend yet it is so necessary. He is the answer for life's heartaches. He is the answer on how to get through the days that lie ahead. He is the answer not only for this one but also for her family. He wants to be the loving arms to wrap around them as they struggle with the effects of cancer. He wants to be the One they cry out to in time of distress. He wants to be the One they lean upon for strength. He wants to be the One to love on them in such a way there is no doubt of His love. He wants to be the One to give them His peace in the midst of this storm they are in. Plain and simple...He wants to be the One. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the rest of yesterday and for the way You will give us rest today. Thank You for the opportunity to talk with this one who needs to be reconciled with You. Thank You for using me as Your servant even in the midst of the chaos of life. Thank You for loving me enough to give me this opportunity to be You to hurting people. Father, fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You in me. Give me Your love in abundance so You will ooze out of me in such a way people will desire to have what I have. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father. Amen.


No comments: