Monday, June 6, 2016

Romans 8:38-39 - "Same Power"


Yes! God's love is perfect! Yesterday was a prime example of that. It was such an emotional day yet such a blessed day. Corporate prayer time at 8:30 was special as I knew it was the 'last' time being there at that time praying for my Willard Naz family. After Sunday School as the teens hugged me I cried and it was hard. Some of them I've known since they were little. When I was Sunday School Superintendent many years ago I started teaching the teen class 'temporarily' until I found someone to do it. I never even looked for someone because I feel in love with my teens. Many have gone through the class and I pray the Lord used me to make a difference in their lives. During the 10:45 service they took a picture with all of us. I can't wait to see it! Sharon's song was perfect for the day! I was so glad Doc sprinkled in some humor into his sermon yesterday along with some memories. I thought it was hard after service as people said 'goodbye' but I found myself being strong for many who fell apart so the tears were kept at bay. I was grateful for our friend Melanie coming to share the day with us. She has also been so supportive of our ministry and we appreciate her so much. For our 5PM Corporate Prayer there was one who came for his first time. That blessed me. Oh how I pray they will continue giving people the opportunity for Corporate Prayer. It is key for the church, especially during the time of transition without a pastor. As I prayed over the list of the church body I was blessed in knowing even though we will be miles apart God still hears our prayers for one another. As Doc said in his sermon, we need their prayers as we depart and go into a new mission field. The Lord spoke to me during prayer time and once again I was so blessed by Him. He reminded me of the song "Same Power" where it goes...

The same power that rose Jesus from the grave,
The same power that commands the dead to wake,
Lives in us, lives in us...

Yes! We have His power! I wrote this in my prayer journal...
"I pray for the people in this body of believers to be empowered by the Lord. I pray they will accept what He gives them and lives it out! I pray for the empowerment of His attributes to come down upon me." He then prompted me to go through the alphabet as I prayed "Lord, empower me with Your..."

A - anointing
B - boldness
C - compassion
D - deliverance
E - ears to hear and eyes to see
F - faithfulness
G - godliness
H - healing
I - intercessory
J - joyfulness
K - kindness
L - love
M - ministry
N - nobleness
O - openness to others
P - peacefulness in the midst of storms
Q - quietness in Our Father
R - restoration in relationships
S - sweet aroma so people will be drawn to You through me
T - truthfulness
U - understanding
V - valor
W - words 
X - xcellency
Y - yearning for souls to be saved
Z - zeal
I then wrote, "Empower me Lord to be who You desire me to be!" That is truly the desire of my heart. To be who He wants of me. After prayer time as I started to leave the sanctuary it hit me that it was truly our 'last time' in that place as the leaders. That chapter of our lives is closed and we have started a new chapter. I cried as the flood of memories of so many times we shared with our Willard family came to my mind. I was so grateful the Lord planned a fun time with friends after prayer time. He knew I needed it. I also am grateful for the way He strengthened me throughout the day yesterday. Most of all I am grateful for my godly husband who is my pastor. He blesses me in so many ways but most of all his obedience to the Lord is my biggest blessing of all.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday! Thank You for today! Thank You for tomorrow! You are so awesome! The way You love on me is so great! Father, this day that is ahead is one of uncertainties. I pray today will be the day for answers on finalizing when we will leave. But if it is not to be then empower me with more of You so I do not allow any disappointment to creep into my being. Empower me with Your love to all I come in contact with today. Thank You Jesus for being the One To Love Me So Greatly! Amen.

No comments: