Saturday, April 4, 2015

Various Scripture - "Jesus He Loves Me"

I am one blessed lady! There is just no doubt about it. Here it is the start of a new Saturday and as I reflect on this week I am amazed at all the ways the Lord blessed me...

  • a return trip home from a safe, wonderful trip to Israel
  • lunch with two different friends this week
  • being woke up in the middle of one night to pray for friends only to find out later one was up at the same time
  • having the opportunity to minister at Mercy one day
  • having the Lord tell me to pray for a family in Jerusalem before knowing they were all four sick
  • being in a store where a man had an apparent seizure and being able to prayer over him and comfort his wife
  • being so very tired and waking up twelve hours later knowing the Lord provided rest
As I think back on this week I feel so grateful for the way the Lord used me as His servant. I am so grateful for the way He led me to where I went, gave me His words to speak and most of all He loves me enough to entrust in me the things He puts before me. I like this picture of a string of scripture about being a servant...


The very last part is so important to remember. "...through love serve one another." We need to make sure we love with the love of the Lord. Sometimes it's hard to love certain people but if we don't love everyone the Lord can't use us. His ultimate sacrifice on the cross showed great love to not just me but to everyone. As I think about His love for everyone I am overwhelmed. I think about how He died and the tears fall yet I know it was all God's plan. I don't know where God will lead me, to whom He will have me speak or what He will have me do. But I do know I am ready to be His servant. I want to do whatever He wants of me. 

I think back on the many times He told me that we needed to take a 'step of faith' with the trip to Israel. We did just that in many instances and we were blessed in abundance. If we would have allowed the enemy to put doubt in our minds, we would have missed the experience of a lifetime. I also think about the times the Lord has put ministry opportunities in front of me. What a blessing to do His will. Not necessarily were they things I would have chosen to do but when I did them I was blessed in abundance. 

One of the biggest blessings in my life is that of my husband. The Lord has blessed me with being able to be in ministry alongside him in some amazing ways. The trip to Israel would not have been the same if he wouldn't have been there with me. The knowledge he has of the Bible amazes me. His servant heart encourages me. I am so grateful for him. This picture is one I will always cherish of our first day in Israel. I don't remember a lot about that day due to being tired from the trip but I have pictures to spark my memory of all the things we saw that day. Another blessing!


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, Your mercy and Your grace. Thank You for blessing me in abundance as I serve You. Father, You know the desires of my heart, the prayers for my family...please bless those. I'm not asking for the way I want things to be but rather for Your will in these circumstances. I also pray for continued healing in my husband's body from his fall. Give him wisdom on what to do or not do. Father, bless those going to the Community Resurrection Breakfast this morning. Lord, most of all I ask for more of You and less of me so I can be a more effective servant for You. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Love Me. Amen.

No comments: