Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hebrews 12 - "Soul On Fire"


I woke up this morning with Third Day's "Soul On Fire" on my lips. What an inspiring song to wake up to! We can never have too much desire in our heart to be on fire for the Lord. When we were in Israel, I saw so much passion in the people and came home with the desire in my heart to have more passion for the Lord. 

God, I'm running for Your heart
I'm running for Your heart
Till I am a soul on fire
Lord, I'm longing for Your ways
I'm waiting for the day
When I am a soul on fire
Till I am a soul on fire

My soul is on fire for the Lord but how can I get it flaming? How can I ignite it to be greater? What can I do in my daily walk with Him to have a deeper burning for Him? I was reading and came upon some suggestions on how to be on fire for the Lord. It takes more than book knowledge. One must have heart knowledge of the Lord in order to be on fire for Him. We cannot accept substitutions for the zeal we have for the Lord. One cannot allow others things to take His place in our lives. We must be sold out to Him completely in order to have our soul set on fire for Him. The desire of my heart is for people to see my love for Him in everything I do. I want them to see Him in me. 

Chapter twelve of Hebrews ends with the proclamation from Deuteronomy that "God is a consuming fire." To that I say, "woo hoo!" The desire of my heart is that He consumes me totally. I want to be overflowing with more of Him.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning. Thank You for reminding me of the importance to be on fire for You. Lord, I need more of You and less of me in order to be what You want me to be. I pray for people to see You in me in such a way that they will want what I have. Father, bless people through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Fire. Amen.


No comments: