Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Matthew 6 - "Beautiful, Beautiful"


What an emotional day yesterday...it's those kind of days that can make my physical body get so tired. Yet as I went throughout the day I felt the Lord was right with me. Even though there were many things accomplished one of the greatest things was I was asked to fast for a young man with some serious health problems. After I said I would then I thought about what I had to do and questioned myself on why I agreed to do it. I prayed and the Lord's response, "Yes, Daughter. I am with You. Your efforts will be blessed." I knew He would see me through the day with an abundance of His strength and He did.

My morning started off with running an errand and then dropping off clothes to a young Momma in a difficult situation. I apologized for not having any clothes for her older daughter and only a few things for the newborn. I explained I did have several pieces of clothing for the two boys. I pulled out a hat for one of the boys and both her and the little guy started smiling. I found out he keeps a hat on all the time. In fact, yesterday he had his hood pulled up over his head. I left there in tears. I was overwhelmed with how the Lord provided a "new" hat for that little boy whose world has been turned upside down. A hat that someone donated when they were through with it was such a blessing to not only the little boy and his Momma but to me. 

I was reminded of the scripture about God cares about us and provides for us just as He cares for all of nature. When I went to read Matthew 6, I was excited to see how that chapter was my day yesterday.

  • Verses 1-4 are entitled "Giving to the Needy"
    • I took clothes to a Momma for her children.
  • Verses 5-14 are entitled "Prayer"
    • I prayed throughout the day for many but many times for a young man with a serious health issue. I also anointed one when I prayed with them for a physical ailment.
  • Verses 16-18 are entitled "Fasting"
    • I fasted for a young man. The Lord kept bringing to my mind to pray for not only his physical needs but most importantly for his spiritual needs. He also had me pray for his emotional/mental needs. I found it interesting he had news from the doctor that was pretty heavy on this day that a group of us were fasting for him.
  • Verses 19-24 are entitled "Treasures In Heaven"
    • When I was at the store, I bought some things for others who need encouraged and blessed. There were some things I saw I would have liked for myself but the Lord prompted me to put them back so I could bless others instead.
  • Verses 25-34 are entitled "Do Not Worry"
    • When I prayed about the fasting and everything going on in my day, the Lord gave me peace that it would be OK. When I heard from Him "Yes, Daughter. I am with You. Your efforts will be blessed" I knew I had no need to worry.

This morning the words to Francesca Battistelli come to my mind because He has made my life so very "Beautiful, Beautiful"....

Don't know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be
Awakening my heart
Breaking through the dark
Suddenly Your grace

Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so
Beautiful, beautiful
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I need, You are so
Beautiful, beautiful

He blesses me each and every day and for those blessings I am so grateful. The joy I have inside is so great and I pray it flows to the outside through my attitude, words and every aspect of my life. 

Now there's a joy inside I can't contain
But even perfect days can end in rain
And though it's pouring down
I see You through the clouds
Shining on my face


Yesterday was not all a bed of roses. I also visited with a man and his family who is in ICU on a ventilator. They continue to go through tough days. I went to the calling hours for man who passed to show my support to another family. I dropped off some things to another man who lost his mother this week. The "rain" of disease and death continues but I am thankful the Lord gives me His strength to do what He puts before me. I was so blessed I had my anointing oil with me as I prayed with a lady with severe knee pain yesterday. He is so good in making sure we have what we need when we need it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Matthew 6 that was my day yesterday. I don't think I've ever found a whole chapter in the Bible that outlined my day in such a way! Woo hoo! I like that! More importantly I like that You didn't show it to me before it happened but waited until afterwards. If I would have read that before, I would have tried to follow it. But instead You allowed me to live it and then read it.I like that very much! Father, I know it is only through more of You and less of me that I can accomplish what I do. As I look back on yesterday, I'm thankful for the rest time You gave me in the afternoon to refuel not only my physical tank but also my mental/emotional tank. I'm also thankful for the way You will continue to bless the efforts of those who fasted yesterday. Lord, touch the ones today who need You in a mighty way. Fill them with Your love. I pray they will feel You right now, right where they are in such a way that there will be no doubt in their mind that it is You. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Blesses Me As I Bless Others. Amen.


No comments: