Saturday, April 25, 2015

James 1:2-4; 12 - "You Raise Me Up"


Today is always such an emotional day for me for so many reasons. One, because after all these years I still normally am able to walk on my own. Second, the support I receive from family and friends as I deal with MS is overwhelming. Third, the way the Lord continues to bless me over and over again using my MS as a testimony of His grace, mercy and love. As I looked around today and saw people in wheelchairs, using walkers or canes and then those of us walking the tears came. I am so blessed in so many ways. I don't know how people survive life without the Lord. His strength is my strength. His love flows in and through me. His encouragement gets me through each and every day. I am so grateful for the people He puts in my path, the words He gives me to read, the opportunities He puts before me to share Him with others. I think of the words in James 1...

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 
12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

I don't expect MS to be what I die from but if that's what the Lord has planned then I am ready. I know I live for Him in a way that the promise of eternal life with Him is a given. I also know as I persevere through the ups and downs of MS He is with me. When I feel down, He lifts me up. When I feel like I can't go on physically, mentally or emotionally, He gives me strength to continue. When I am falling apart, He holds me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement and for loving me so greatly! Lord, You are so awesome! Father, thank You for those who supported the MS walk financially, walking and through prayer today. Father, more of You and less of me is what I continue to seek. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.


No comments: