Monday, April 13, 2015

John 21:15-19; II Timothy 2:13 - The Lord Never Leaves Us


Today is a day of firsts for some friends. The first morning they wake up without their mother with them on this earth. The first time they will ever have to go to plan their mother's funeral. The first day they won't be able to pick up the phone to chat with their mother. When we experience things such as first steps or first tooth with our children, they are exciting moments. When we experience firsts with the death of a loved one, they are moments in time we just wish we didn't have to experience. Yet when our love done is a believer we know they are with the Lord so that helps to get through the pain.

But where do we go from here? How do we survive without our loved one to talk to? How will life be able to continue without being able to hug them or hear their voice? It is only through the love and strength of the Lord. 

My heart breaks for people who don't have a relationship with the Lord. They have no hope when a loved one dies. When they don't have Him in their heart, they can't hold onto the promise of seeing their loved one again. That is so sad to think about. But something all of us needs to think about is the Lord desires us to be in relationship with Him. For some it is a first time experience to say "yes" to the Lord while for others who have fallen away from Him it is a "coming back" experience. No matter what, He is always there with open arms.

Last night as we watched the TV series AD..the Bible Continues I was once again touched by the reinstatement of Peter found in the Gospels.

John 21:15-19

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”

The Lord never left Peter just as He will never leave us. But Peter left the Lord to do his own thing. In II Timothy 2:13 we are reminded that the Lord remains faithful to us even when we don't remain faithful to Him. I was so blessed a few weeks ago to stand by the Sea of Galilee and be reminded that I was reinstated after I fell away. Hearing His voice confirm my reinstatement was such a blessing. I pray for more people who have fallen away to come back into relationship with Him. I also pray for those who have something between them and someone else that is a hindrance in their relationship with the Lord. I pray their eyes will be open to things that may be hidden from them.

Yesterday I was blessed with the opportunity to sing with the praise team. I love being able to do that! One of the songs has words about how we can go do our own thing but He never leaves us. (paraphrased..I can't remember the name of the song) That is exactly what I dealt with. I walked away...He never left me. Yet the most glorious time was when I walked back into a relationship with Him and allowed Him to heal me. It was along the healing process that I found He still wanted me to serve Him. He still wanted to bless me even though I had turned away for a period of time. I felt like I had healed but as I stood on the Sea of Galilee listening to His voice the chapter on this healing was finished. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Lord, I pray for the Ingram family today as they go through this tough day. I pray for Your love to pour down upon them in a mighty way. Father, I pray they will feel You so greatly. I also pray for some other families going through tough times right now with some serious health issues in family members. Lord, for those who aren't in relationship with You I pray for revelation as to what they need to do. I pray for their eyes to be open to You and Your love. Lord, put people around them who will do or say something to bring them to You. Father, thank You for my reinstatement many years ago. Thank You for speaking to me as I stood on the Sea of Galilee where You spoke to Peter. What an awesome God You are! Lord, my daily prayer is for more of You and less of me so I can be the most effective servant for You. Fill me to overflowing! The desire of my heart is for my passion for You to be greater. Lord, my body doesn't want to function today but yet I know I have to move. It will only be through Your strength that I will get through this day. But, Lord, I don't want to just "get through this day" but I want to be Your effective servant throughout the entire day. Strengthen not only my physical body but also my emotional, mental and spiritual body.  Thank You Jesus for being My Savior! Amen.

No comments: