Saturday, April 11, 2015

Psalm 121; Hebrews 11:1; II Cor 5:7; Matt 11:28 - "Shoulders"



The words of the chorus King & Country's song "Shoulders" are so comforting...

My help comes from You
You're right here, pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness all on Your shoulders 
Your shoulders
My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe that You're lifting me up on Your shoulders 
Your shoulders


Once again the Lord reminds me He is carrying me through this life. His strength is what keeps me going through days like yesterday with a funeral in the morning, a visit in the afternoon to the ICU for one that appears to be in her last days along with communication with another family with one in another ICU. My physical body was tired but more than that my emotional body was spent. Thankfully my spiritual body was renewed with His strength to give me His words. 

The words of this song that go, You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness all on Your shoulders, are so very true for me. I am so grateful for that knowledge. I don't understand how people get through life without that knowledge. I know it takes faith to believe in the Lord but why do people not understand life can be so much easier when we believe in Him. Hebrews 11:1 tells us Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. We don't have to see something in order to believe in it. We must walk by faith and not by sight as Paul tells us in II Corinthians 5:7. I know for many that doesn't make sense but once You believe in the Lord and live a life of surrender it becomes second nature to live by faith. It is through living by faith in the Lord that we find rest in days such as yesterday. The promise of Matthew 11:28 is one I lean upon...

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. 
 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being all You are to me. Thank You for giving me Your strength to minister when my strength is gone. Father, I pray for more people to get to the place in life where they can know Your rest. I pray for Your hope to be their hope. Lord, enable people to realize the importance of putting their faith in You. Father, be so very real to these families who are hurting. Love on them. May the words we have spoken come back to them in their time of need. Father thank You for being My Hope, My Help, My Rest. Amen.



No comments: