Thursday, April 2, 2015

Romans 1:1-7 - "I Have Found My Joy"

Yesterday I had the opportunity to share with several people about our trip to Israel. One of the things that kept coming to my mind was how the people there are so passionate about their religion. No matter if they believe in the Lord or something else they are so passionate. They are not afraid to pray in public. It is their normal to show their love for their religion. Why is it so different here? Why do people keep their religion to themselves? Doesn't the Bible tell us to share the Lord with others? Isn't that part of how we, as believers, are suppose to live? Shouldn't we live as Paul did in the Bible? I think of the first part of Romans 1 which reads...

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake. And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.
To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Paul was "...called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God..." Aren't all believers called and set apart? Most definitely! Believers also receive power through the Holy Spirit to live for Him. Unfortunately, there are just so many who don't accept that power. They choose to live 'their' lives for themselves instead of being surrendered to Him. The realization that 'their' life doesn't really belong to them but to Him has not set in to their thinking. 


When I began living a life of surrender, I was blessed with an abundance of joy that I never had ever experienced before. My life of worry and fretting gave into a life of peace no matter what the circumstances that came before me. I think of a song Steffany Frizzle-Gretzinger sings called "I Have Found My Joy" that reminds me of this joy.  

There's a line and we've crossed it
Some would say that we've lost it
But we've found our joy
We've found our joy
It's the joy of loving You


There's a line and we've crossed it
Some would say that we've lost it
Who cares what the world says
Who cares what the world says
We've found our joy

I know many don't understand when I say I live in His presence or when I say I don't worry. But this song points out that the world's opinion isn't what we should listen to. The Lord will provide joy when we surrender to Him. Yes, He provides joy when we believe in Him without total surrender. But when we realize our life is not ours and totally surrender every part of our life to Him we will receive a deeper joy than we've ever experienced.  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for taking me to the point of total surrender. Thank You for loving me enough to bring me into a life of holiness. Lord, I do pray for more of a passion for You in the lives of people. I pray for more of You and less of me in myself so I will be able to share You in better ways. I pray for You to shine in and through me in such a way there will be no doubt that You are the One who is in control of my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Passion and My Joy. Amen.

No comments: