Friday, November 28, 2014

Various Scriptures - My First Born

Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  Today is the day to celebrate the birth of my first born, Paul.  He had a tough time coming into this world and was blessed from the very first breathe.  He was the perfect baby with eating and sleeping being on his agenda.  As a toddler he was curious. When he went to school he was a great learner.  His personality was such that all his teachers loved him.  As he grew into a young man he became a fierce competitor.  When he met the love of his life, he started showing attributes of being a fine husband.  Then when Miss Bella came into his life the love of a Daddy showed through.  What a wonderful man he is.  



I love this saying.  I was young when I had Paul and had a lot to learn.  Paul taught me so much in how to love.  He taught me how to bend when I needed to bend.  He taught me how to love in a deeper way.  A few years ago he thanked me for teaching him that you don't always have to like someone but you do have to love them.  He told me he was grateful for those words because they taught him so much.  We never know the impact of what we are teaching our children will have on their lives.  


I started praying for Paul when I was just a little girl.  After I grew up I started praying for his wife and children.  Before Miss Bella was born I prayed for her and now pray for her future spouse and children.  Prayer is so important.  Paul travels a lot so there are prayers for safety.  He is the breadwinner of their family so there are prayers for provision.  He is a husband so there are prayers for him to be sensitive to Lizzy's needs.  He is a father so there are prayers for him to be loving to Miss Bella.  He is a believer so there are prayers for him to be listening for the Lord's direction.  

As I sit here writing and see the snow falling it reminds me of the very first day I became a Mommy.  After Paul came into this world the snow started coming down.  It was beautiful and I felt so blessed and so complete.  The snow was giving a blanket of beauty to the world.  Paul's birth gave me a blanket of beauty in my soul.  Oh how I miss his snuggles as he was growing up.  He would never leave the house without a hug and "I love you!"  Now when we talk on the phone he always says "I love you!" before hanging up and when we are together there's always hugs.  For those words and those hugs I am grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Paul…for his life…for his love for You.  Thank You Lord for giving me the privilege of being his Mommy.  Father, I pray these things over him...

1. Create in my son a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within him (Psalm 51:10).
2. May my son walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May he serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4).
3. May my son be strong and courageous and not fear or be in dread, for it is You, Lord, our God, who goes with him. You will never leave him or forsake him (Deuteronomy 31:6).
4. May my son walk before You, God, as King David walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded him, and keeping Your statutes and rules (1 Kings 9:4).
5. Like Timothy, may my son be an example to believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).

Thank You Jesus for being Paul's Heavenly Father.  Amen. 


No comments: