Saturday, November 29, 2014

Ephesians 3 - Mystery of Christ



As I read this picture, I had to really stop and think about it.  Anytime we go through trials on this earth the Lord gives us free choice to allow the enemy a foothold or to allow the Holy Spirit to empower us so our faith can grow.  When our faith grows, we become more like Jesus.  As we allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us we find a supernatural strength not known in the common man.  

I've heard people ask, "Why does the Lord do this to me?" or "Why doesn't the Lord stop this from happening to me?" or even "Why do bad things happen to good people?"  It all comes down to what the Lord thinks is best for us.  Going through tough stuff will enable us to draw closer to Him.  We may even realize we have to depend upon Him instead of ourselves.  Or perhaps we will reach out to Him instead of others.  No matter what we are going through, He is there for us.  He is there to love on us, direct us, speak to us…but we have to allow Him to be in our situation.  

"Well, the only thing left to do is pray."  Oh my, I can't even begin to imagine how many times I've heard that or even said it years ago.  Prayer needs to be the first thing we do in all circumstances.  It doesn't matter if it's a joyous occasion or a somber one.  We actually need to be in communication with the Lord at all times, not just when we need something.  When we are in a 24/7 life with the Lord, we will receive blessings upon blessings.  I love the words of the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 3 as he wrote about the mystery of Christ.

For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—
Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you,that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 13 I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory. 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Verses sixteen through nineteen reveal to us the mystery.  When we allow Christ to dwell in our hearts, our faith will grow through the situations of life.  When our faith is such that we can stand firm during the situations of life, we will be empowered by the Holy Spirit.  It all comes down to the Lord loving us so much that the desire of His heart is to bless us.  

We don't have to fall every time tough things come are way.  What we have to do is dig in deeper to the Lord and allow Him to strengthen us.  It takes a 24/7 kind of life in order to stay strong in our faith.  When we give into self even for just a few hours and stray away from the Lord, the enemy gets a foothold.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for always being with me, through the good and the bad.  Thank You for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit that comes down upon me.  Woo hoo!  You are so awesome, Lord, in the ways You work in and through me.  Father, more of You and less of me is my prayer.  I don't need anything but You.  The desire of my heart is to be the desire of Your heart.  Father, wherever You direct my steps to today and whoever hears my words I pray they will know You are on the throne of my heart.  Thank You Lord for being My Empowerment.  Amen.

No comments: