Friday, November 21, 2014

John 14:1-4 - "Legacy"



Yesterday I was so blessed as I sat listening  about the life of a dear man.  The way he allowed the Lord to transform him and use him as a servant was inspiring.  When he crossed over to heaven, there is no doubt he was accepted with open arms.  I must say that I am a bit jealous.  I am so ready to be away from the junk of this world and in the physical presence of the Lord.  But I know the Lord has me here to be Him to others.  

When I saw this picture yesterday, I was thinking about what we think of when we hear the word "home" and the different emotions that word brings on us.  For some, it's a good word while others have a lot of negative feelings with it.  It can be a happy, secure place for some while for others it can be a hurtful place.  No matter how our home on this earth is, the Lord is preparing for us a much better place.  

I've always loved the words of Jesus in the first four verses of John 14…

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Verse four is crucial for people to understand.  We must know Him in order to have the hope of living with Him for eternity.  It is crucial we believe in Him, accept Him as our personal Savior and live for Him.  When we live in His Presence on this earth, there will be no doubt we will live in His Presence for eternity.  I get the Holy Spirit goosebumps just thinking about what heaven will be like.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  Life on this earth gives me glimpses of heaven through people from time to time but I know I can't even begin to comprehend it.  

Jealous of those who have gone on?  Most definitely I am.  I want to be there.  But until my time comes to cross over I need to make sure I am doing His will.  I loved the theme of yesterday's funeral…legacy.  It made me ponder on what legacy I am leaving.  Am I handing down good or bad attributes to my children and grandchildren?  Am I a stumbling block for others or someone who encourages them?  Do people see Jesus in me?  Am I truly being the hands and feet of Jesus in the manner He so desires?  Does seeing my life make people want what I have?  The words to the song "Legacy" say it all..

I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to you enough
To make a mark on things? I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name
Unapologetically and leave that kind of legacy



Dear Jesus,
I pray I am leaving a positive legacy through my life of surrender.  I pray You are seen through me.  Lord, I pray each and every person I come in contact with will be touched by You.  Father, more of You and less of me is the only way my legacy will be a positive one.  Lord, I pray the ones who heard those words yesterday were not only blessed but will strive to leave a better legacy than they already are doing.  I pray for Your peace and strength to continue to be with this dear family.  Lord, thank You for all the ways You encourage me.  Thank You for being My Legacy.  Amen.



No comments: