Saturday, November 8, 2014

Psalm 19:14 - "Words"

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.  Psalm 19:14

The Lord woke me up several times during the night with the song "Words" in my heart.  He also had me praying for some different ones who need encouraged.   I only know part of the song and it was driving me crazy so when I got up, I looked up the words.  Words are so powerful and we must be careful on the words that come out of our mouth.

Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

One of the worst things to see is the look on someone's face when you say something that breaks them.  Sometimes I see that when I have to tell someone something bad about a loved one.  But I've also seen that look when I've said something that I shouldn't have or said something they really didn't want to hear.  

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

Speak life…that is the motto around our home.  When one of us starts to be discouraged or starts feeling down, the other one will build up with words.  No matter what we are going through there is always someone else going through something worse.  It's important to remember that we don't have to say things that aren't true just to make someone feel better.  

You can heal the heartache
Speak over the fear
(Speak over the fear)
God, Your voice is the only thing
We need to hear
(We need to hear)

Let the words I say
(Let the words I say)
Be the sound of Your grace
(Sound like Your grace)
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

I wanna speak Your love
Not just another noise
Oh, I wanna be Your light
I wanna be Your voice

So many times I find myself saying scripture when I am in a difficult situation.  II Timothy 1:7 is my go-to scripture when I'm afraid.  But the one thing that is always my go-to is the Lord.  By living in His presence 24/7 I hear His voice.  It is a great comfort and encouragement.  It's so cool to not only hear Him but to follow His direction.  There is no better place to live.  I know when I stop and listen, He will always provide the right words for me to say.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me to pray for these ones.  Thank You for giving me this song to make me think about the words that come out of my mouth.  I pray Psalm 19:14 for myself today.  I pray You will be the Guiding Force behind my words.  Lord, enable me to be a good listener not only to You but also to those around me.  I pray a blessing on my words as I speak at Medina today.  I pray people will be blessed and encouraged through my words.  Lord, I also pray for those hurting.  I pray for those who need encouraged to be around people who will speak life to them.  Lord, give wisdom to the ones around them so they don't tear them down further.  Thank You Jesus for being My Guiding Force.  Amen.




No comments: