Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hebrews 13:4-8 - "No Man Is An Island"

I don't like to give the enemy credit often but he sure is rampant tearing up marriages and families.  He is the father of division and lies.  God is the Father of unity and truth.  I woke up this morning singing a song Tenth Avenue North sings called "No Man Is An Island."  The words to this song are words that anyone going through an issue in a relationship needs to listen to and let sink in.

I won't run, I will stay
I'm not leaving you
I know there's friction here
The struggle makes us new

I wish you never thought you had to go
Wish you never thought you had to leave
Together we can lift each other up
We can build a shelter for the weak

No man is an island, we can be found
No man is an island, let your guard down
You don't have to fight me, I am for you
We're not meant to live this life alone

I see fear in your eyes
There's no safety here
Oh, my friend, let me in
I will share your tears

I wish you never thought you had to go
I wish you never thought you had to leave
We can always lift each other up
We can build a shelter for the weak, come on

No man is an island, we can be found
No man is an island, let your guard down
Please don't try to fight me, I am for you
We're not meant to live this life alone

Through trouble, rain, or fire
Let's reach out to something higher
Ain't no life outside each other
We are not alone
Through trouble, rain, or fire
Let's reach out to something higher
Eyes open to one another
We are not alone

No man is alone
Why you try to fight me
We don't have to do it alone
We don't have to do it alone
We don't have to do it alone



The key to healing a relationship is found in the words "Let's reach out to something higher…"  The Lord is the Key.  He is the Great Physician who can heal us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  When we get our focus off of the negatives of this world and turn them to the positives of Him, we will be blessed.  

No man is alone
Why you try to fight me
We don't have to do it alone

The Lord never leaves us.  His word tells us that in Hebrews 13:4-8.  It also tells us that we don't have to fear because He is our Helper.  I love the reminder in verse eight…Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever.  No matter what "junk" comes our way on this earth we have the confidence that He is here for us.  He will never leave us.  

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.”
So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?”
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Dear Jesus,
I pray for the marriages that are struggling.  I pray all involved will have their eyes focused on You.  It will be in that refocusing process You will be given open doors to heal and save marriages that are falling apart.  Lord, in Your name, I rebuke satan from these marriages.  I pray right now, right where these people are that You will come down upon them and reveal something to them about their spouse they have forgotten.  Give them back the love they had on their wedding day.  Speak to them, Lord in a mighty way.  Father, thank You for second chances.  Thank You for grace, mercy and love.  Thank You for being the One to Refocus Me.  Amen.




No comments: