Thursday, November 13, 2014

Colossians 3:23 - "From The Day"



The Lord gave me this verse thirteen years ago probably right around this time of the year.  We started our ministry the first of June and it was in the fall that I was feeling drained and frustrated.  I was still working in Orrville and traveling back and forth each day.  My day would start at 5AM and I would return to the house around 6PM.  Only my day wasn't finished at 6PM because I would to do everything that needed done for my family and the church.  Those days were so hard on me physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.  One day while driving the Lord gave me this verse.  I will never forget His words…"You are to please me, not others."  My first thought was, "Alrighty then, how is that suppose to look?"  He opened my eyes to the fact that I was doing everything everyone wanted without asking Him first.  OUCH!  I worked on that for awhile but didn't get very good at it.  It wasn't until I started living in His Presence that I truly experienced the freedom of knowing He is the One I am to please.  I don't do anything without His direction.  I know where He leads me throughout my day will be exactly where I need to go.  It doesn't mean others may be happy with what I do but people aren't who I please.  That sounds kind of hard but it's the reality of my life.  

Do people get upset when I say "no" to doing something?  Some do but ones who know how I live understand.  But the most freeing aspect of it is that it doesn't bother me anymore.  I don't fret over what people think because the Lord is the Only One I need to please.  I no longer have my daily "to-do" list because I allow the Lord to direct my path throughout the day.  I use to get frustrated when "Plan A" went to "Plan B" to "Plan C"… but no longer do because "Plan A" is whatever He desires.

There is such freedom in living a 24/7 life for the Lord.  I must admit I get frustrated with people from time to time and ask His forgiveness.  I don't want anything to be in between me and the Lord.  I love the song "From The Day" that I Am They sings.  I want to sing and live this song...

From the day You saved my soul
'Til the very moment when I come home
I'll sing, I'll dance, my heart will overflow
From the day You saved my soul

My love is Yours
My heart is Yours
My life is Yours
Forever

Dear Jesus,
Woo hoo!  How exciting to live for You with no worries about others.  I am so grateful for the freedom I have found in my relationship with You.  Father, I sing the words to this song with such meaning.  "I'll sing, I'll dance, my heart will overflow" is the way I intend to live each and every day.  The desire of my heart is for people to see You in me.  Lord, more of You and less of me…that is my prayer.  Father, forgive me when I get frustrated with people's comments.  Protect me from them.  Lord, I pray for more people to find a 24/7 relationship with You.  I pray for more people to quit worrying about what others think and be concentrated on what You desire.  Thank You Jesus for being My Contentment.  Amen.  



No comments: