Saturday, November 1, 2014

Matthew 22:37-40 - "Multiplied"

When Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was of the law, He replied…

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”    Matthew 22:37-40

I love the song called "Multiplied" by Need To Breathe.  It goes

Your love is like radiant diamonds,
bursting inside us, we cannot contain.
Your love will surely come find us, 
like blazing wildfires 
singing your name.

God of mercy, sweet love of mine,
I have surrendered to your design.
May this offering stretch across the skies,
these hallelujahs be multiplied.


Woo hoo!  When we have His love in us, we will be able to love others in a whole different way.  We will see positives instead of negatives.  We will look to others needs before our own.  But before we can truly love others in this way we first must surrender to Him.  When we declare that we love the Lord "…with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind," we are declaring He will be first in our life.  He is the only One we will worship.  He is the only One we will bow down before.  When we make this declaration and then live it out, we are able to love others the way He is directing us to.  People will see Him oozing out of us through His love.  "Your love is like radiant diamonds, bursting inside us, we cannot contain."  Woo hoo!  That's what I desire for my life.  I want people to see Jesus through me.  

Living this life with Him is so amazing.  He is the One who directs my path.  He is the One I listen to.  He is the One that I am surrendered to.  I no longer have to manipulate situations to get things to work out the way I want them.  Situations work out the way He wants them to be. I'm grateful for the way He directs my life.  I live a life of satisfaction…contentment…peace.  I'm so grateful I can sing "May this offering stretch across the skies, these hallelujahs be multiplied."  My prayer is that others will see Jesus in me and have the desire in their heart to have the same.  A life of satisfaction…contentment…peace.  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Dan Bohi reminding Doc of these verses.  Thank You for reminding me of the importance of loving others.  I praise You Father for my life.  I praise You for being in charge of all I do, all I say and all I think.  I praise You for leading me down the paths You desire of me to go.  Father, the only way I can life this life is by asking for more of You and less of me.  Lord, hear my prayers and bless them.  Wherever You take me today, whoever You put before me…help people to see You through me.  Father, thank You for being My Life.  Amen.


No comments: