Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ephesians 3:14-21 - "Praise You In This Storm"



I love this picture for the ones who are going through storms that are seeking more of the Lord.  But I must admit I don’t like it when I think about those going through storms of life and allowing the enemy to pull them away from the Lord.  We all have free choice.  It’s what we do with that free choice as to how/where we will spend eternity.  If we dig in deeper into the roots the Lord provides us, we will be blessed with eternal life with Him.  If we allow the storms of life to destroy our relationship with the Lord, we won’t have that blessing.  

I was thinking about how hard the wind was blowing yesterday as I was driving.  There were times where I struggled to keep the car on the road.  That’s how storms of life are.  There are times where we feel like we are going to snap just as a tree limb does as the wind blows it so hard.  Just as the times when the rain comes pounding down hard and hurts our physical body, we also can be pounding and hurt emotionally.  Our spiritual being can be destroyed through storms if we allow it to be.  

My heart is breaking right now for some people who have chosen to give into the storm they are going through.  They have chosen to not allow the Lord to be their strength.  I just don’t understand why...how...  Lord, open their eyes to You.  Open their hearts to You.  Open their minds to what You have in store for them.  It’s so hard seeing people make choices that will lead them to hell.  I’m grateful the Lord has taught me I can’t save everyone...it is between them and Him.  

Today I prayed Ephesians 3:14-21 for some people going through some storms.  I pray they will realize where their roots are and allow them to deepen through the storm.

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the One who is my anchor in the storms of life.  Thank You for leading me into a deeper relationship with You.  I praise You that my roots have become so much stronger during the storms I’ve been through.  I know it is only because I continually ask for more of You and less of me.  Father, I pray for protection over the ones who are making poor choices.  I pray they will find the way to praise You through the storm they are in right now. Lord, thank You for being The One I Am Grounded In.  Amen.


No comments: