Thursday, November 6, 2014

Psalm 119:18; Romans 12:1-2; Colossians 1:9b-10 - "The Will of God"



It seems like there are more and more days of feeling like life here on this earth is getting harder.  Every time I turn around I hear of someone else diagnosed with cancer, a marriage falling apart, a family in turmoil, another person being pulled down with addiction or something else that is so difficult to handle.  I just keep praying for people to get to the end of themselves and surrender to the Lord.  When they do, they can truly pray "Your will be done…"  

I'm so grateful for the Lord's will to be the desire of my heart.  I'm also grateful for the attitude I have of doing whatever the Lord wants of me in His will.  Blessings continue to come to me in abundance as I live a life of surrender to Him.  
  • I am grateful I have discovered His will as Psalm 119:18 reads, Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.  (NKJV)
  • I am grateful I understand His will because as I hear His voice He makes His will known.
  • I am grateful the Lord has laid it on my heart to submit to His will.  I love Romans 12:1-2, Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sister, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
  • I am grateful for the way the Lord works through me to accomplish His plan.  Colossians 1:9b-10 reads, …you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being who You are in my life.  Thank You for loving me.  Thank You for saving me.  Thank You for Your grace and mercy.  Father, more of You and less of me continues to be my prayer.  Lord, I am praying for so many people who are going through tough times.  I'm not praying for the tough times to go away but I'm praying for the tough times to draw them to You.  I'm praying for them to surrender totally to You.  Lord, thank You for being My Will.  Amen.


The Will of God
The will of God will never take you,
Where the Grace of God cannot keep you,
Where the Arms of God cannot support you,
Where the Riches of God cannot supply your needs,
Where the Power of God cannot endow you.

The will of God will never take you,
Where the Spirit of God cannot work through you,
Where the Wisdom of God cannot teach you,
Where the Army of God cannot protect you,
Where the Hands of God cannot mold you.

The will of God will never take you,
Where the Love of God cannot enfold you,
Where the Mercies of God cannot calm you,
Where the Peace of God cannot calm your fears,
Where the Authority of God cannot overrule you.

The will of God will never take you
Where the Comfort of God cannot dry your tears,
Where the Word of God cannot feed you, 
Where the Miracles of God cannot be done for you,
Where the Omnipresence of God cannot find you.

Everything happens for a purpose.
We may not see the wisdom of it all
Now but trust and believe in
The Lord that everything is for the best.
(author unknown)


No comments: