Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hebrews 10:19-25 - Be A Barnabas

Hebrews 10:19-25  reads…

19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Placeby the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Doc reminded us Sunday that we all have the responsibility to minister to one another.  It's not just up to the pastor to do so.  He told us to be a "Barnabas" and encourage one another. One of the daily things I strive to do is to encourage others.  Sometimes that comes in the form of words/prayers and other times it comes in the form of doing something for them.  Whatever the Lord leads me to do or wherever He leads my steps, that is what I do. 

I've had many people tell me I have more time then them to do such things since I don't have small children at home or work full-time.  But when we listen to the Lord's voice on what to do and when to do it our circumstances won't get in the way of what He desires of us.  To be an encourager It takes a sacrifice of time and energy but the results are so rewarding. 

Yesterday was a day of great rewards for me

  • After the day I had physically Sunday, I was rewarded with physical strength to do His will.
  • Hearing that my strength in the Lord with my MS issues was an encouragement to another blessed me.
  • Having phone calls/texts to check on my physical issues encouraged me to make sure when the Lord tells me to check on someone, I do.
  • I was rewarded with being able to hold a wife of sixty-seven years after the passing of her dear husband.
  • Rewards were in abundance with the amount of people I prayed for through phone calls and Facebook posts.
  • Praying with one before surgery and hearing his response to my question, "Do you have Jesus in your heart?" was such a reward!
  • Praying with another one in the hospital who is going through some tough days with his disease both broke and encouraged my heart.
  • Seeing the smile on the City Council's faces as I gave them a little thank-you snack before I prayed for their meeting was rewarding.
  • Having a call from one who wants to talk about the issues she is doing with in her life blesses me that we are able to be here for her.
  • Seeing the protective hand of the Lord over us as we came home on the icey roads from the hospital visits was such a blessing.
  • Praying scripture over my husband and marriage is a true joy for me.
  • Hearing of answer to prayers I have giving for two people in extreme situations with their physical health was such a blessing.
Dear Jesus,
Whether I live the comfort of my home or not You always encourage me as I encourage others.  I'm thankful for the ways You use me as a "Barnabas" to be an encourager.  Thank You for those who encouraged me yesterday.  Thank You for the opportunities You gave me to encourage others.  Lord, more of You and less of me is what I so desire.  Father, in order to do Your will I must hear Your voice.  In order to hear Your voice, I must live a life of total surrender to You.  Thank You Jesus for loving me so greatly!  Thank You for being My Encourager!  Amen.

No comments: