Thursday, November 20, 2014

Galatians 5:13-26 - Freedom

There is no better feeling than to know you are living the Lord's will out in your life.  With that life style comes a freedom that unfortunately many people don't understand.  There is a freedom from worrying about what others think.  There is a freedom in knowing your finances are in His hands.  I love Paul's words of Galatians 5:13-26...

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.  16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.  19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.  22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

It is only in living a life of surrender to the flesh that one can live a life in the Spirit.  Dying to self is the most wonderful experience.  Learning to live in the Spirit completes what the Lord has in store for each and every believer.  In living a life in the Spirit, one can experience true "…love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" (vs 22-23).  

Dear Jesus,
I'm so grateful for this life I live in You.  It is a life that many don't understand or can't comprehend because they are still living in the flesh.  Thank You Jesus for leading me to death of myself so I could have the freedom of being alive in You.  Father, more of You and less of me…that continues to be my prayer.  Lord, would You bless my efforts in abundance as I love on people?  Would You allow them to see You through me?  Would You open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed on situations that come my way?  Would You continue to give me wisdom on the situations You put before me?  Father, thank You for being My Completeness!  Amen.  

No comments: