Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Corinthians 13; Galatians 5:22-23 - Love



These verses are often read at weddings but I don't know too many brides and grooms who remember much about their wedding ceremony.  LOL  I need the Lord to remind me of them each and every day.  Even after twenty-five years of marriage I need reminded of them.  I remember days of craziness when the boys were growing up of trying to be where we were suppose to be, do what we were suppose to do and yet still remembering to be a couple.  I must admit being a couple is easier in the empty nest time of our lives but oh how I miss my "babies"….  I do pray they saw this type of love being lived out in our home.  I pray they also live out this type of love in their homes.  

As I read I Corinthians 13 this morning, I was reminded of a very important fact.  Verse eight says, "Love never fails."  Woo hoo!  We, as humans, may fail one another but when we have the Lord in our life His love will always win.  His love will enable us to forgive.  His love will enable us to love through tough times.  His love will enable us to have hope in hopeless situations.

When we have the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23 in us, we will be able to live out a I Corinthians 13 type of love.  We will have "…love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" in all of our relationships.  People, including our spouse, will see these attributes and be blessed.

Dear Jesus,
Today I pray for a deepening in my relationship with You which in turn will deepen my relationship with Doc.  I pray for the fruit of the Spirit to ooze out of me in all that I do.  I pray for our marriage to strengthen as we strive to live a I Corinthians 13 life.  Thank You for the blessing of my husband.  Thank You for the way He cares for me...leads me...loves me.  Lord, help me to have blinders to things that irritate me in our relationship.  Enable me to see only what You desire of me to see.  Empower me to be a better wife.  Lord, the only way these things can happen is for me to have more of you and less of me.  Thank You for being My Blessing.  Amen.

No comments: