Tuesday, September 10, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 91 - "Warrior"


Today is a day we have been anticipating for the last three plus months. We will receive the results from Doc's CT scan which will show if the chemo worked on shrinking the tumor in his pancreas. Many have prayed with us for the tumor to be gone or at the very least to be of the size they can operate to remove it. We have faith God has worked through the chemo. We trust God that no matter what we are told today He is with us. As humans, there is some fear of the outcome. That is why it is important to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 so God can empower us to not fear but instead to stand in His strength. It is important to remember He is with us and fighting for us through the cancer. We do not know why Doc has it and may never know why. But we do know God has strengthened our faith through it. We can bask in the knowledge of Psalm 91...
1-13 You who sit down in the High God’s presence,
    spend the night in Shaddai’s shadow,
Say this: “God, you’re my refuge.
    I trust in you and I’m safe!”
That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
    shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you—
    under them you’re perfectly safe;
    his arms fend off all harm.
Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
    not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
    not disaster that erupts at high noon.
Even though others succumb all around,
    drop like flies right and left,
    no harm will even graze you.
You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
    watch the wicked turn into corpses.
Yes, because God’s your refuge,
    the High God your very own home,
Evil can’t get close to you,
    harm can’t get through the door.
He ordered his angels
    to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
    their job is to keep you from falling.
You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
    and kick young lions and serpents from the path.
14-16 “If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God,
    “I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
    if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
    I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
    give you a long drink of salvation!” (MSG)
As we live in His presence, He is our Refuge. He protects us, cares for us, and most of all gives us eternal life with Him. This morning I think of the words to a song called Warrior.

Staring down the face of fear
Gotta keep breathing
When the negative is all you hear
Gotta keep believing
‘Cause in the dark there is a light
A truth that keeps on burning bright
Brave enough to fight the fight
And shout the battle cry

You'll never stop me, I'm a warrior
When I fall down, I get stronger
Faith is my shield, your love is the armor
I'm a warrior, I'm a warrior, I'm a warrior

Yes! I am a warrior because He is there to fight my battles. I do not have to worry about the CT scan results. God already knows them. I do not have to sit and have the 'what ifs' going through my mind because God already knows the outcome. I have a choice to make this morning. I can either fret throughout the morning or I can allow Him to be my strength. I can either give the enemy an open door or I can lean more into God. It's my choice. In my humanness I can falter in fear or I can stand on the promise found in Psalm 91.

Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
    not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
    not disaster that erupts at high noon.

I am choosing to stand firm in my faith and trust Him throughout this day. Whatever the results may be, He is with us. Faith is my shield, Your love is the armor will be my mantra. I know this is what God desires and I desire to please Him. Today I will say repeatedly: God, you’re my refuge. I trust in you and I’m safe!”

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the comfort Psalm 91 gives me! Thank You for encouraging me to live a II Timothy 1:7 type of life! Father, You already know the outcome of Doc's CT scan and for that I'm grateful. We are trusting You to guide us through the outcome with great faith. Lord, cleanse me this morning so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. This will be the only way I will be able to get through this day without fear. Lord, I also pray for Dale and Cathy as they make decisions from their appointment yesterday. May Your wisdom be theirs. Be with my Momma as she continues to heal from her broken arm. Father, thank You for being My Refuge! Amen.

No comments: