Wednesday, September 11, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Even If"


Yesterday's oncologist appointment sure did not go as we thought it would. The word "stable" regarding the mass was not what we wanted to hear. We really thought it had shrunk with Doc's pain in his stomach and back gone and him being able to eat. He has been feeling stronger with being off the chemo and to hear he has to start it again was another disappointment. But what we must remember is that God already knew all of this. He knows when and by what means Doc will be healed. I am grateful for friends who encouraged us when they heard the news. I am grateful for ones to make decisions when our minds were not functioning. I am grateful for today which is a new day where God will empower us to grasp what was given to us at the appointment. I'm grateful for a good night's sleep last night and for Doc's swelling to be less today. I'm grateful for Doc's health insurance. So, so many things to be grateful for. I could wallow in pity for what we are going through but I won't. I could sit around today asking 'why?' but that would get me no where. We must stand on II Timothy 1:7 and allow God to pour Himself into us so His love will flow out of us. We must remember He will never leave us but is always here for us. He hears our cries for healing in Doc's body. It just is not His time yet for it to happen. Perhaps we, or someone else, need to draw closer to Him through this ordeal. Perhaps there is a lesson for us to learn through it. I don't know why the tumor didn't shrink but I know who does. I must dig in deeper into my faith and trust Him with this situation. I gave it to him three months ago and I cannot take it back now. The words to a song Kutless sings come to my mind this morning...

Sometimes all we have to hold on to
Is what we know is true of who You are
So when the heartache hits like a hurricane
That could never change who You are
And we trust in who You are

Even if the healing doesn’t come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn’t come

The healing will come in God's time and in His way. Until that happens, I will continue to trust God with every ounce of my being. I will live out a II Timothy 1:7 type of life so He can empower me for every day of this journey. Then, and only then, will I hear His voice and walk in obedience. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day ahead! Thank You for Your encouragement through others! Thank You for giving Doc an extra dose of Your encouragement today! Father, cleanse us so You can fill us with more of You. We desire to have Your love ooze out of us in a new, different way today. Slam the doors closed against the enemy putting fears and doubts into our minds. Empower us to stand in Your presence and in Your strength. I pray the same for many others who are going through trials...Dale and Cathy; John and Renee; two pastor friends with cancer; my Momma with a broken arm; and Mary Wiens with a broken hip. I also pray for Debbie as she recuperates from hip replacement. I pray special prayers for three marriages in crisis and three friends looking for employment. I pray for those who are grieving the loss of their loved ones with this anniversary of 9/11. Lord, be so very real to all of these ones who need to be encouraged by You. Thank You Jesus for being The Great Encourager! Amen.



No comments: