Thursday, September 26, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; James 1:2-4; Galatians 5:22-23; Philippians 4:13 - "Strong Enough"


We started our study on the book of James last night. Back a few years ago I had cards made up with James 1:2-4 on them. As we were talking about those verses I was reminded the only way to have joy in times of trials is to live a II Timothy 1:7 type of life. If we do not have Christ first in our life, we can't have His joy and peace. Our faith cannot go deeper if do not have Him as our Center. He cannot empower us if we do not lean into Him. We cannot receive His full wisdom if we are not living with Him as our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I do not pray for patience because many years ago when I did I was diagnosed with MS. It was through MS that I truly learned how to be patient. But patience is a fruit of the Spirit that needs seen in me. In The Living Translation Galatians 5:22-23 reads: 

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

All of these fruit are seen through those who live a II Timothy 1:7 type of life. If we are not producing fruit, we are not living the life He has called us to. If we are not allowing His love to flow in and through us, we are not living as He desires. I strive to live such a life but I know I need to get better at it. There are times I allow circumstances or my physical issues to get the way. I know I miss opportunities He puts before me because I am too tired or distracted. The enemy loves to use such things to pull us away from God. We must not allow him such pleasure. Instead we must stand firm in our faith allowing God to work in and through us in whatever manner He desires. This week has been trying with doctor appointments and other appointments along with normal obligations. My body is retaliating in weird ways. I cannot allow it to blind my eyes to what God has for me. I must stand firm in the knowledge He is my strength and He will empower me to push through distractions. He also will provide rest as needed. I was grateful for my time of rest yesterday afternoon. I was especially grateful for it when I was up numerous times with physical issues during the night. God has always and will always provide exactly what I need. He gives me wisdom on what to do with physical issues. He lavishes me with His love as He encourages me. As I bask in His presence, He becomes more real to me every day. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for encouraging me to live a II Timothy 1:7 type of live so the fruit of Galatians 5:22-23 shows through me! Thank You for encouraging me to live as James 1:2-3 teaches! Thank You for Your Word that comes alive to me every day! Father, today I need to depend on Philippians 4:13 in a mighty way. I pray for Your strength to not only be my strength but also I pray for this Scripture over Doc. May You empower him to bask in Your presence and not allow C to be a distraction. I pray for blessings over his sermon as he brings it altogether. Lord, I also pray for the finances of the building rehab. I know You already know how it will all work out. I pray You will reveal Your plan to us sooner than later. Thank You Jesus for being with those who are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: