Tuesday, September 3, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "You Say"


Sometimes the enemy tries to tear us apart by putting negative thoughts into our mind. He tries to make us think we are not good enough for God. Or he tries to make us think what we are doing is not good enough for God. He loves to put doubts into our minds. The thing I believe he likes to do the most is doubt God's love. Any time I have my clock set for an early morning time I struggle sleeping. First, I usually struggle to go to sleep and then I struggle with waking up multiple times. That was exactly how it was last night. Every time I was awake I had the words to a song Lauren Daigle sings called "You Say" going through my mind. I struggled yesterday with a decision I had made. I had prayed over it and was at peace but somehow the enemy started putting 'bad' thoughts in my head over it. I knew God was encouraging me with these words to this song...

Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at your feet
You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, o-ooh

You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don't belong, oh You say I am Yours
And I believe, oh I believe
What You say of me
I believe

Yes! The decision made was not a failure but allowing the enemy to get to me was. God is my victory. He is the One to guide my life, not the enemy. "You say I am strong when I think I am weak." Woo hoo! I am strong in the Lord as I stand upon II Timothy 1:7. His strength empowers me to do what He has called me to do not just in the physical realm but in every aspect of my life. Emotional, mental, and financial strength is mine as I lean into Him. The most important strength is my spiritual strength that I have in standing in His love. Woo hoo! I have a choice to make every day to live a life of obedience to His will or to allow the enemy to have his way in what I do. God gives me free will so this decision is up to me. When I begin my day in His Word, praying, singing, etc., I am making a conscious decision to living the life He has called me to live. These last few months have showed me more than ever that I must be intentional in living in this manner. If I don't spend time with Him before my day starts, I miss so much that He has to give me. He directs me during this time and continues that direction throughout my day. Woo hoo! I am so blessed! This time with Him empowers me. It encourages me. It molds me to be who He desires me to be. What a blessing! This day ahead holds the unknown as we leave to evacuate. I have no idea what lies ahead with traffic but He knows and that is all that matters. I have no idea what stress we will be under but He does and He will empower us to not cave to the enemy to cause friction between us. Yesterday when emotions caused some friction He was there to not allow me to get upset and lash back. When the enemy tried to pull me down over a decision that was made, He encouraged me. Throughout the day when I was feeling like I was going to fall apart emotionally, He had me repeating II Timothy 1:7. Every time I needed a boost in my spirit His Spirit was there to fill me. What a blessing! We have waited for Doc's appointment for the reveal of the CT results for what has seemed forever. Yesterday when we received the call saying they were closing for a few days so the appointment would have to be rescheduled hurt yet we know God is in control. It reminded me of three years ago when my breast biopsy appointment was postponed due to one of the hurricanes. Praise God He never postpones His love and guidance for us! His time is perfect no matter what we think.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly that You never leave me! Father, this morning I pray for those who have lost so much from Hurricane Dorian. The videos showed people who lost their homes, businesses, and some even lost loved ones. Father, I pray there will be people to support them throughout these tough days. I pray for those who have yet to go through this storm. The maps this morning are showing 80-90 mile winds are coming for us tomorrow along with several inches of rain. Father, protect our home. That may be a selfish prayer but I feel the need to speak it. Lord, I also pray for the other three disturbances that are forming to dissipate before causing damage to anyone; my Momma to get an appointment today with the orthopedic doctor; Doc's pain to lessen in his leg and foot; protection over his physical body issues. Lord, would You enable us to take these next few days and enjoy them? Would You empower us to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a new, different way? Would You continue to give us peace and wisdom throughout these trying times? Would You continue to be our Victory over the enemy? Father, You are who we believe in. You are who we trust. You are who we live our lives for. May we bask in Your presence today as we begin the day before us. Thank You Jesus for being Our Victory! Amen.

No comments: