Monday, September 30, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Nehemiah 8:10b - "Hold On"


I woke up this morning with the words to a song Toby Mac sings going through my mind and immediately thought about some ladies going through some tough days.

So baby hold on 
Just another day or two 
I can see the clouds are 
Moving faster now 
And the sun is breaking through 
If you can hold on, 
To the one that's holding you 
There is nothing that can 
Stop this crazy love 
From breaking through

Life is not usually what we think it 'should' or 'would' be. It usually has many turns and twists we are not ready for. It is so important to have the Lord's strength to get through it. I remember when I was diagnosed with MS the Lord gave me Philippians 4:13 to hold onto. That verse has been repeated many times over the last twenty-five plus years. Last spring He gave me II Timothy 1:7 as I was driving home in a storm and continued it through this season with Doc's cancer. Saturday I was reminded of Nehemiah 8:10b. I was grateful for that reminder as I dealt with some nasty 'junk' yesterday. He knew what I needed before I ever did. For that, I am grateful. My prayers this morning are for some ladies who need that reminder...
  • My friend Mel who continues to seek employment.
  • Kandi, Rita, Peggy, and another friend battling cancer.
  • My friend in the midst of a battle for her marriage.
  • My Momma who continues to heal from her broken wrist; Val as she continues with health issues; Debbie as she recuperates from her second surgery; Ellen who continues to recuperate from her recent surgery; Billie as she continues to fight the effects of chemo; Paula and Nancy who are in therapy; Rhonda who suffers with shoulder and foot pain; Shirley who is recuperating from surgery; Rebecca's neighbor and Jill's Mom who are having chemo again for the return of cancer; Tiffany as she recuperates from foot surgery; Norma as she deals with her disease; Martha with shoulder pain and upcoming surgery; Emily and her daughter who are dealing with a sickness on the mission field; and many more. 
  • My friend who deals with alcoholism.
  • My friend 
  • Two friends who are concerned with their grand babies mommas actions.
  • Shirley and Renee who are adjusting to the loss of their husbands.
I pray these ladies will Hold On to the Lord for His strength. I pray they will know He is always there for them. Some days are tougher than others but He always sees us through. I pray He doesn't just see me through but He blesses me in the process with seeing the opportunities He puts before me. I do not want to miss even one opportunity He gives me. I desire to live with His joy in my heart. I desire for His joy to flow out of me in a way that will make others desire the same. His love flowing out of me is the way people will see Him through my words, actions, and attitude. Yesterday I asked for forgiveness for my attitude when I was dealing with 'junk'. I prayed for Him to not only forgive me but to show me what I was to do. After He revealed it to me, I felt such peace. I was so thankful for the way He spoke to me. If I were not living in His presence, I would have never heard His voice. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! I am so grateful for the life I live in Him. I am so grateful for the way He speaks and I not only hear but I listen so I can walk in obedience. When I do not walk in obedience, I miss opportunities to love with His love. It is those times that sadden me greatly.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song that reminded me of so many who need to remember You are always there for them. Thank You for not only speaking to me yesterday but empowering me to hear Your voice. Thank You for the peace You poured out over my spirit yesterday. Father, it was a tough night with side effects from this medicine. I pray You will give me Your supernatural strength today to not just 'get through the day' but to be a blessing to You in the process. Bless my prayers for all those I prayed for this morning. Mel, Kandi, Rita, Peggy, my Momma, Debbie, Paula, Ellen, Billie, Nancy, Rhonda, Shirley, Rebecca's neighbor, Jill's Mom, Tiffany, Martha, Emily, Shirley, Renee, and so many others. Lord, may all of these dear ladies feel Your presence in their lives today. I also pray for Doc who is struggling with the idea of chemo on Wednesday. I pray You will give him peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: