Wednesday, September 18, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 19 - "How Great Is Our God"


This 'waiting room' we are in right now is not an easy one to be in. Waiting on the appointment with the doctor in Charleston has brought about a lot of questions. Why are we going to see him when the mass did not change in size? Why was the pain taken away if the mass did not shrink? Will the cancer spread during this time of not having chemo? Even though Doc feels better with not having the side effects of chemo he still is weak. What can make him feel better? So, so many questions. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 19 which I read in different translations. I settled in on The Passion TranslationThe first six verses are about God's story in the skies and the last eight are about God's story in the Scriptures. Verses two through four tell of how all we have to do is look around at nature and we can see God. He is always around us through His creation. I love the way Scripture is described in verses seven through fourteen...

God’s Word is perfect in every way; how it revives our souls!
His laws lead us to truth, and his ways change the simple into wise.
His teachings make us joyful and radiate his light; his precepts are so pure!
His commands, how they challenge us to keep close to his heart!
The revelation-light of his word makes my spirit shine radiant.
Every one of the Lord’s commands is right; following them brings cheer.
Nothing he says ever needs to be changed.
10 The rarest treasures of life are found in his truth.
That’s why I prize God’s word like others prize the finest gold.
Nothing brings the soul such sweetness as seeking his living words.
11 For they warn us, his servants, and keep us from following the wicked way,
giving a lifetime guarantee: great success to every obedient soul!
12 Without this revelation-lighthow would I ever detect the waywardness of my heart?
Lord, forgive my hidden flaws whenever you find them.
13 Keep cleansing me, God, and keep me from my secret, selfish sins;
may they never rule over me!
For only then will I be free from fault and remain innocent of rebellion.
14 So may the words of my mouth, my meditation-thoughts,
and every movement of my heart be always pure and pleasing,
acceptable before your eyes, my only Redeemer, my Protector-God.

When we stay in His Word and walk in obedience to it, our life will be so enriched. His Word is where we find promise, hope, encouragement, love...the list goes on and on. While in this 'waiting room' I must stay in His Word more than ever. I must keep His promises in my heart throughout my days so the enemy will not have an open door into my life. If I don't, the enemy will have a hay day messing me up. The last verse of Psalm 19 is the way I want to live each and every day. The only way this can happen is for me to live a II Timothy 1:7 type of life. I cannot fear these days but instead must stand in His love and empowerment. As I do, I know God will bless me with fulfilling these words...

So may the words of my mouth, my meditation-thoughts,
and every movement of my heart be always pure and pleasing,
acceptable before your eyes, my only Redeemer, my Protector-God.

Woo hoo! This is the desire of my heart! I want to bless Him with my obedience. I want to love with His love in a way that will change people's lives. I want to be Him to all I meet.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the encouragement of Psalm 19! Thank You for being in this 'waiting room' with us! Thank You for loving us so greatly that You will cleanse me this morning so You can fill me with more of You! Thank You for being an encouragement to Doc today! May You speak to Him in a way that will enable Him to lean more into You. Thank You for Mom's good report with the orthopedic doctor! May You continue to be her strength. Thank You for the strength You are going to provide throughout this day! Lord, be with those hurting whether it be physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all those who are hurting spiritually. Be with Ellen to continue to lean into Your strength as she has surgery. Thank You for the time You have blessed Steve and Peggy with family these last few days. May You continue to lead them as they walk this journey. Thank You Jesus for being My Protector-God! Amen.

No comments: