Saturday, September 28, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "You Raise Me Up"


The day ahead reminds me of when I was growing up. On Saturday mornings early in my life we would 'go to town' to the laundromat, bank, car wash, library, put gas in the car, and get groceries. We tried to get it done as quickly as possible because we still had the house to clean when we got home. I love the memory of taking my quarter to the bank to put in my Christmas Club so I could buy gifts for family. I stretched that $12.50 to buy many gifts at the D&K store in Massillon. One year I remember buying all four of my siblings beautiful painted pictures for their homes. It's weird how I remember the check being $12.50 when it should have been $13 if I put in a quarter each week...lol. When I was a pre-teen, we moved to town and life changed. I no longer had to wait for a weekly trip to the library with a stack of books. Weather permitting, I walked there which made my life easier since I read several books a week. Today we need to 'go to town' to 'run errands' and I need to get some cleaning done. I would love to get my fall decorations out since it is now past our anniversary but I'm not sure if I will have the strength to do so. I'm physically and emotionally drained. Yesterday's appointment with the surgeon was very encouraging but at the same time very taxing emotionally. Just having the drive to Charleston can be taxing in itself. Waiting to see if the upcoming chemo will shrink the tumor, if the tumor group will have any input, etc. taxes the emotions. I must remember II Timothy 1:7 and allow God to reveal His plan for this situation. I must stand in His strength and empowerment to not allow the enemy any open door. I must bask in His rest. I must not jump to any conclusions but instead rely on God knowing everything that is ahead. How do I do all of this? By living in His presence. My Momma and Daddy are/were a great example of how to live through adversity with health problems. Sixty plus surgeries, being hit by a train, being shot, cancer multiple times...my Daddy is my Super Hero! My Momma has shown great faith since his death and continues to amaze me. As my sister Linda said not long ago, "We will get through this because we are McHenry's!" Most of all we will get through this because we are empowered by God! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for another encouraging doctor visit for Doc! Thank You for the affirmation from the doctor that we are on the right course of treatment! Thank You for safety on the roads! Thank You for being so real to us! Father, cleanse us so You can fill us! May we be a beacon of light for You today through our words, actions, and attitude! May You be a soothing balm to those who are suffering physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and most of our spiritually. Thank You Jesus for being Our Presence! Amen.

2 comments:

Aritha said...

I have prayed for you.

My Strength said...

Thank you! Prayer is what is getting us through these tough days! May God bless you...