Friday, September 20, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 11 - "Do It Again"


This morning God took me to Psalm 11 to ponder upon. One commentary wrote this Psalm is about a point in David's life when everything in his life seemed hopeless. This Psalm points out how we are not to despair or give up. Instead we need to continue to trust God. In The New Living Translation it begins with: I trust in the Lord for protection. This is exactly what we must do when we feel like life's circumstances are too overwhelming. God will protect us. He is there for us at all time. When things keep coming at us one after another, He is there to love on us. His Word will encourage us as we allow it. His strength is our strength as we live for Him. Right now life is overwhelming. I cannot allow the enemy an open door but instead must lean into Him. I must be more intentional in living a II Timothy 1:7 type of life. I must not give into fear of the 'what ifs' but instead must stand in the knowledge that God is greater than anything on this earth. I must continue to believe He is in the miracle making business. I have seen Him do great things and I know He can do them again. I love the encouragement the song Do It Again gives...

Walking around these walls
I thought by now they'd fall
But you have never failed me yet
Waiting for change to come Knowing the battle's won
For you have never failed me yet

He has never failed me nor will He ever fail me. My prayers may not be answered in the manner I desire but He always answers them. In verses four through seven of Psalm 11 we see how David's confidence in God never failed him. He never stopped believing God would protect Him. One commentary read that David's state of mind remained firm in his trying days. He kept a "steady confidence in God when things seem to be most adverse." David had great faith and wisdom. This came from being in relationship with God. He believed in God because He knew God and because He remembered what God had done for him in the past. It is easier said than done at times to live such a life. Doubts come into our minds. Hopelessness can take over. But we must never quit believing. We must never give up.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the words from Your Word this morning that encourage me greatly! Father, life on this earth can be hard. Tough days can make for a time of questioning. I'm grateful You are here to love us through these days. I'm thankful You put things and people before us to encourage us. Lord, this morning I pray for a cleansing in my spirit. I pray You will take away anything that is between You and I. I also pray You will fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray You will flow from me today in a new, different way. Lord, I pray for Doc to feel Your presence today in a mighty way. May You be the soothing balm he needs. May You also be his Healer today. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: