Tuesday, September 17, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Whom Shall I Fear"


This morning the Lord woke me singing the song Whom Shall I Fear...

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Yes! He is always with us. He is always ready to provide exactly what we need, when we need it. He protects us even when we do not realize we need protection. This song begins:

You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light

There is much truth in these words. God cannot be taken away from us by the enemy unless we allow the enemy such power. We can feel like we are being overtaken by the enemy but the enemy cannot overpower God. It takes living a II Timothy 1:7 type of life to not give into darkness. It takes standing in faith and trusting God to get through 'tough' times. God can be our Morning Song as we live in His presence. He can be our strength when we allow Him to cleanse us each day so He can fill us to live as He desires. I love the part of this song that goes...

My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory

Yes! There is victory when we live for Jesus! There is empowerment readily available to us as we live for Jesus! There is deliverance from the 'junk' of this world when we live for Jesus! Oh how I desire to share this truth with others. When I see people struggling, I want to help them. The greatest way to help them is to share the truth of Christ with them. I know I need to get better in doing this and pray daily for God to take me deeper in my relationship with Him so I can do so. Last night in our study of Rahab there was a statement made in the book by Liz Curtis Higgs that made me think about how many people live in the shame of their past. She wrote, "With God, it isn't who you were that matters it's who you are becoming." Our past is just that. The past. When God wipes away our sins, they are not just gone but forgotten. Too many times we, as humans, beat ourselves up for things God has wiped away. They are no longer in His mind. Therefore, we need to no longer let them be in ours. The enemy will use our past to tear our relationship with Christ apart. The enemy will make us think we are not good enough for God. Those are just lies. Rahab was a prostitute yet she had a happy ending. I desire a happy ending and know as long as I stay in pure relationship with God I will have it spending eternity with Him. My past enables me to help others going through similar situations but it is not held against me by God. I am not proud of my past but I will allow God to use it to help others not to make the same mistakes or to show them how to live without being condemned.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the encouragement this song gives me! Thank You for loving me so much that You encourage me greatly! Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit today so You can fill me with more of You. More of You Father and less of me is my desire. I continue to pray for Doc for a healing in his body. Encourage him today in a new, different way. I also pray for my Momma who is going for a follow-up appointment today to receive 'good' news. I pray for many who are dealing with physical, mental, emotional, and financial issues but most of all I pray for those who are struggling spiritually. Lord, give me opportunities to love on many today with Your love. Open doors to me to be You to those I meet. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May I be more intentional in being You. Thank You Jesus for being My Morning Song! Amen.

No comments: