Wednesday, September 4, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; James 1:2-4; Psalm 18 - "Whom Shall I Fear"


I love when the Lord wakes me with direction to read a certain Scripture. Today it was Psalm 18. Woo hoo, God! I love these words David wrote after God saved him from Saul's antics. These days it seems like there just continues to be one thing after another. But it is during these days that I will be more intentional in standing on II Timothy 1:7. It also is during such times that I will stand upon James 1:2-4 knowing that God will empower me to persevere through whatever happens. Yesterday Doc said just when he was getting to feeling better from having chemo he got a blood clot in his leg. As the blood clot pain was lessening, he started with gout in his right foot. When he asked "what else is going to happen?" I told him not to even speak such words. This Scripture shows what we need to do throughout 'tough' days. Verse three in The Message reads:

I sing to God, the Praise-Lofty, and find myself safe and saved.

Yes! I am safe in His arms. The more I lean into Him, the more of His strength I will receive. Woo hoo! How do I do that? In verse six, David says he called and cried out to God. It also says he stayed in God's presence. These are key things to do in life. The more we communicate with Him, the better our relationship will be. It's just like a marriage. When a husband and wife communicate, making decisions together, there is a harmony unlike marriages where the couple have two different lives. Communication needs to be through talking with one another, telling the other one what is on your heart, and listening. Sometimes it is much easier to speak than listen. Not only in relationships on this earth but with God. We pour out our heart and think we are done. But we must be still and listen. This not only applies to our relationship with those on this earth but especially with God. Being still before Him is a must if we desire to live in His presence. The last verse of this Psalm speaks so greatly to me. In the New Living Translation it reads:

You give great victories to your king; you show unfailing love to your anointed, to David and all his descendants forever.

Woo hoo! I desire to be victorious on this earth so I can spend eternity with Him. The only way to be victorious is to live in His presence. The only way to live in His presence is to die to self and walk in obedience to His will. The only way to live in His will is to stay in communication with Him, especially by being still and listening to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You bless us in abundance! Thank You for Paul's call last night! Thank You for Doc's blood clot pain being less! I pray for the gout pain he is having to also lessen! Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so people will see/hear You instead of me today. May my words, actions, and attitude be Yours today. I pray for those who have already gone through Hurricane Dorian and those yet to experience it. May people draw near to You through these difficult days. Father, I also pray for the pain my Momma has with her broken arm. I pray for people in her area to love on her with Your love. I so wish I could be with her but that is not possible so I ask that You put others in her path during her tough days. Lord, I'm going to be selfish again and ask for protection over our home during Dorian. Thank You Father for being my Victory! Amen.




No comments: