Sunday, September 15, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Haven't Seen It Yet"


I love Saturday nights when the Lord has me praying for pastors. I pray for my pastor/husband every day and am blessed by those prayers. I also pray for myself as I minister to many. Last night before going to sleep, once during the night, and then again when I woke He had me pray for pastors "to interrupt Scripture properly." I know when something comes to me repeatedly in prayer it is definitely from the Lord. As I thought about this prayer request, I was saddened to think of how people twist Scripture to mean what they want it to mean. The enemy deceives people any way he can. We, as pastors, must not allow that to happen in our lives. We are not the only ones who can be harmed from such tactics. Those who are watching us and those we are leading may also get hurt in the process. A pastor who stays in close relationship with the Lord is a pastor who will lead people on the path of righteousness. Such pastors will guide others on the path to eternal life with the Lord. That is the type of pastor I desire to be. I never want to get in the pulpit without the leading of the Holy Spirit in charge. Nor do I ever want to lead someone down a 'Sheila' path but instead desire to lead them in the Lord's way. There is a great responsibility when you are a pastor but there is also a responsibility for all believers to walk in His ways. Last night the Lord had me to pray for some specific situations in pastor's lives...

  • Two pastors along with my husband who are battling cancer. A pastor whose wife is on Hospice due to brain cancer.
  • A pastor friend who is not currently in a church as he seeks God's plan for his life.
  • A pastor who will be going back into the pulpit for the first time in many weeks.
  • Pastors who have retired or in transition between churches.
  • A young pastor who has just been called to a church.
  • Pastors with prodigal children.
  • Pastors who need to draw closer to God so they will not only hear Him but walk in obedience to Him.
I'm pretty sure there was one more situation He gave me but I cannot remember it. That's OK because He already knows it. It amazes me the recall He gives me when it comes to prayer requests. So many times I cannot even remember what I'm saying in the middle of a conversation...lol. Recall in prayer confirms I am being led by the Spirit. What a gift God has blessed me with! I love how He wakes me with a song every day. Today it was "Haven't Seen It Yet" and it brought to mind pastors who need the reminder of these words...

He is moving with a love so deep
Hallelujah for the victory
Good things are coming even when we can't see
We can't see it yet, but we believe that
He is moving with a love so deep
Hallelujah for the victory
Good things are coming even when we can't see
We can't see it yet, but we believe that

There are many pastors who are in church situations that seem impossible; family crisis; financial issues; etc. The way we, as pastors, handle these situations is seen by all around us. We have a choice to make to allow man to influence our lives or to allow God to be in control. When we allow God to be in control, He will give us exactly what we need every moment of every day. Last night He blessed both myself and Doc with physical strength to participate in the Outreach. That was such a gift as I knew I did not have the strength on my own. Today is a new day. My physical body is still struggling but I know I'm not on my own. He will be my strength. His promise in II Timothy 1:7 will see me through. I do not fear the day ahead but instead feel empowered to love with His love as I walk in the Spirit. I will stay close to Him so He can give me His strength, wisdom, and direction. I know as I do I will be blessed in abundance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your empowerment yesterday and the way You will empower me in the day ahead! Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me with more of You! Thank You for last night's outreach where we were given many opportunities to love on many! Thank You for the work the electrician has completed on the church building! Thank You for the way You will flow out of Doc's words this morning along with other pastors who will allow You to! Lord, be with all I prayed for during the night and be with pastors who have not committed fully to You. May they find transformation in their spiritual lives sooner than later. I also pray for a family in crisis that needs to feel Your empowerment today. Lord, give them peace. Thank You Father for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: