Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Philippians 2:10-11 - "Christmas Offering"

I was working on music last night and this song touched my heart. When I woke this morning, it continues to be with me. Paul Balouche sings a Christmas version of it that I dearly love.

Over the skies of Bethlehem appeared a star
While angels sang to lowly shepherds
Three wisemen seeking truth, they traveled from afar
Hoping to find the Child from Heaven falling on their knees
They bow before the humble Prince of peace

We bring an offering of worship to our King
No one on earth deserves the praises that we sing
Jesus, may You receive the honor that You're due
O Lord, I bring an offering to You

Wow! I wish more people would realize the only reason there is a Christmas to celebrate is because Jesus was born to die for all. Christmas has become so commercialized. There are too many things that get in the way of the True Reason. Calendars are crammed full. Even when they are crammed with 'good' things they are a distraction from Him. The amount of money spent on 'stuff' is ridiculous. We need to get back to giving gifts from the heart. 'Stuff' can't go with us when we leave this earth but the memories we make will be with our loved ones forever. It can become very easy to worship 'stuff' instead of Jesus. Material things can become our god in place of the True God. Just think what life for our children would be like if they put as much time into Jesus as they do video games, sports, etc. Our world would definitely be a different place. Just think what life would be like for us if instead of spending money on 'stuff,' gas to go here and there, entertainment, eating out, etc. we gave our money and time to the Lord. Our world would definitely be a different place. Jesus' birth is going for naught in so many lives. The purpose of His birth was His death. We would not be alive today if He had not been born to die. Oh how I wish more people would come to this realization. How our world would be a better place if people would just offer up themselves to Him. If more people lived a life sold-out to Him, His love would flow so greatly. If more would die to self and allow Him to live in and through them, we would not be dealing with the tragic deaths we see every day from overdoses, drunk drivers, abuse, etc. I can't even begin to comprehend such a world but I know it would be a more peaceful place filled with His joy.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for coming to this earth to die for all of us. Thank You for Your love that flows so freely to all who will accept it. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your love. May people see and hear You through my words, actions, and attitude today. Lord, go before me and open doors that need opened. I pray for doors that need shut to be shut. I pray for You to be greater than the hurts of this world but most of all I pray the things people are going through will take them to their knees in worship to You. Thank You Jesus for being My True Reason. Amen.


No comments: