Monday, December 3, 2018

Psalm 91:1 - "Somewhere In Your Silent Night"


What a blessing to see and listen to our two worlds come together at our Open House. I love to see our neighbors getting to know our church family. It also warms my heart to see new neighbors getting to know people. Many thanked us for 'doing this' each Christmas. I love having people into our home and especially when they enjoy themselves so much. I was bummed when I realized last night that I had not taken any pictures. Even though I have no pictures I have a 'camera roll' going through my mind and for that I am grateful. As I prepared for yesterday's event I had a 'camera roll' of Open Houses in the past. One of our first ones in Willard where we packed the basement and Dottie thought the trail bologna was deer and about had a heart attack that she ate it was a hilarious memory. Several of my Daddy and Momma coming up to help prepare are special memories. Different friends who helped throughout the years bless me as I remember. Needing to move from the house to the church because we grew was another blessing in my memory tank. So many memories and so many dear people who have touched our lives. The other day one of the kids said I have a lot of pictures on my phone. I was thinking today about how full my 'camera roll' in life is. It is full of blessings from so many different people. God is so good. This morning He took me to Psalm 91 and stopped me at the very first verse. He knew I needed to be reminded of these words. I live in His secret place where I know He is in control of every aspect of my life. I hear His voice and I follow it with an obedient heart. He protects me from harm and carries me through tough times. He gives me a great 'camera roll' to reflect back on throughout tough times. He is my Protector from the enemy who tries every day to tear me apart. He loves me so greatly and shows me His love through blessing me with memories when I feel lonely or sad. He uses people to lift me up when I am down. These last few days have been emotionally tough with missing my family. I was grateful for yesterday that helped with others loving on me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. You already have blessed me with waking up after eleven hours of sleep with Doc having my vitamin water on my night stand and walking into the living room with the Christmas tree lit. I praise Your Holy Name for the people who were in our home yesterday. Thank You for the opportunities You provided to love on them with Your love. Father, I pray for those who are feeling down this season. I pray You will put someone in their life to open their eyes to Your love being there for them. Lord, I also pray for believers to be open to sharing Your love with others. Holidays can be tough but when someone goes out of their way to show Your love it can make a world of difference to those hurting. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me today so I can be a beacon of light for You. Thank You Jesus for being My Protector! Amen.


No comments: