Sunday, December 2, 2018

Philippians 4:13 - "I'll Be Home For Christmas"


Every time I woke up during the night I prayed for pastors and their spouse who live away from family. I had these words going through my mind...

Christmas eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams...

I know I cannot be the only one struggling with this. My first Christmas away I was going through the breast cancer treatments and had that on my mind so I didn't struggle too bad with being so far away. Last Christmas was tough and so is this one. I know we are where we are suppose to be and I am grateful for God's call on our lives. But it is still hard to not be with loved ones over the holidays. I am grateful for those who love on us during this holiday season but I still wish I could see my family. Oh how I pray God will give me strength to not only get through these days but to enjoy them. I don't just pray this for myself but for others serving the Lord around the world. I am grateful we can get 'home' within a day's drive. I know there are many who aren't that fortunate. I also am thankful for the way God has blessed me with our trip each February to Ohio and pray it can happen this coming year. Once again, I know there are many who go a lot longer than that to see family. I also pray for those who have no family left on this earth to be comforted by others loving on them. I pray for those in the military and their families who are separated for the holidays. I am holding onto Philippians 4:13 for His strength. I pray He will continue to strengthen my physical body but I also pray especially for my mental, emotional, financial, and especially my spiritual bodies over these next few weeks.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for pastors and their spouses during the night. Thank You for being with me during tough days. Father, I also thank You for technology that enables me to be a part of my family's lives. Soothe my hurts and pains. I am grateful for all of the times You lay on my family's heart to call or text me. I also am grateful for my family. I know there are many who are lonely because their family are no longer on this earth. I pray You will comfort them. I also pray for all who are away from family during this holiday season, those who are confused due to dementia, those who have lost loved ones, those fighting diseases in their body, retired pastors who no longer have a church family to love on them, and most of all those who do not have a personal relationship with the Lord. Father, may You be real to all of these ones. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: