Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Romans 15:13 - "Joy to the World"


Yesterday morning I woke up singing "Joy To The World" and was impressed upon to ponder on the phrase, "Let earth receive His King." Little did I know that one of our Tuesday night group would listen to the Christmas story and then Doc's devotional on salvation to accept the Lord for the first time into their heart. There were five or six others who prayed the prayer as a commitment to the Lord. Woo hoo! And this is why we do Tuesday night activities in our home. We are sharing God's love, planting seeds, and loving on all ages with His love. Last night there were nineteen children/teens along with seven adults who were loved on. Oh how I pray for our efforts to be multiplied. I pray for everyone who walks into our home to feel His love, joy, and peace. I pray for everyone who leaves our home to take His love, joy, and peace with them. Last night the True Reason for the season was not only proclaimed but it was realized. Woo hoo! As I looked around the room as Doc was reading the Christmas story it reminded me of when the boys were growing up. I wonder if they read it to their family during this season. I wonder if they remember when Doc read it to us when they were younger. We may never know what seeds we are planting. We need to pray for God to grow and harvest every seed we plant. Last night was the last night to have Kyleigh, Behr, and Marley with us due their upcoming move. My heart breaks. Maybe someday I will get use to living in a military community but boy is it hard to see a part of your life be taken away. I pray this family will remember the seeds we have planted with them. I pray the year Daddy is away will go by quickly for them. My prayers are with Mommy as she delivers their fifth child without him. I pray Kyleigh and Behr will adjust to their new home, school, etc. Most of all I pray there will be someone in their life to give them Jesus' love. The hardest part of having someone move away is knowing they will no longer be receiving His love from us. Kyleigh was first to come to our group. She was very quiet and shy. After a few months Behr joined us. He didn't speak a word to anyone for the few several months but was faithful in coming every Tuesday. Finally, he started talking but his speech was unclear so he was hard to understand. We have watched both of them bloom into precious little flowers. Their younger sister, Marley, has only been with us for three weeks. At age three, one might think a child couldn't possibly understand but they do. Sophia has been with us since her second birthday and she understands a lot. We are planting seeds. Some of them we will get to cultivate and some we won't. Some of them we will see harvest and others not. Oh, how I love our Tuesday night group. As I look back on pictures from when we started almost two years ago, I am in awe of what the Lord has done and pray for our efforts to continue to be blessed. Last night was the perfect example of how He is blessing us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that enables us to open our home on Tuesdays. Thank You for the way You go before us and direct us. Father, may You be the shining light in this group. May You be greater than us. Father, to do that You need to cleanse me so You can fill me. May every step I take today be in You. May every word I speak be from You. May my attitude throughout this day be of You. Lord, I pray for this one who accepted You into their heart last night to feel Your strength today as they face the enemy head-on. I pray for the ones who prayed the prayer for another time to feel closer to You today than ever before. Father, thank You again for blessing us so greatly. Thank You for being My Love, Joy and Peace. Amen.

No comments: