Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Psalm 98; Revelation 19:11-16 - "Joy To The World"



Last night was exactly what I needed. These last few weeks have been crazy with all going on. This week is a bit stressful as I finish my Church Finance and Administration class with two projects due and a final exam along with the regular work. Tonight is our Christmas party with the children and teens which is always fun but tiring. The Lord knew I needed a relaxful, fun time and He provided. We made a centerpiece at JOY ministries along with laughing, talking, exchanging gifts, the Advent candle, prayer, and singing "Joy To The World" which finished off the evening in the most perfect way. On the way home I thought about how the evening gave me such a peaceful feeling. It filled my tank to continue on with the rest of my week. I felt so blessed. This morning as I sit here looking at our Christmas tree lit up I again feel blessed. I know there are many who are going through some tough times in life. Some with issues in their bodies that demand treatment, surgery, medications, etc. Some with issues in their financial bodies that are making this time of year even harder than normal. Some with issues in their emotional bodies as they dread this time of year without someone who is no longer on this earth or they think of Christmas' of the past where their situation was different. There are families I am praying for that are torn apart by the enemy. There are families with prodigals who I continue to pray for restoration. Most of all I am praying for people who are not in relationship with the Lord to find Him. I am praying for restoration in people's relationships who have fallen away from Him. In the song "Joy to the World" there is the phrase "let every heart, prepare Him room" that goes right along with my prayers. 'Every' is not just some but everyone. The Lord is waiting for more to come into relationship with Him before He returns to this earth. He wants everyone to have that privilege. We, as believers, have such a heavy responsibility to tell people about Him. We should have the same desire as He does to have others know Him as we do. The only way that will happen is for people to share His love with others. We must make sure we are right with Him before we can successfully share Him. Psalm 98 shows us how He is our Savior (vs 1-3). We need to proclaim our salvation joyfully not just at Christmas but throughout the year. Verses four through six show us we need to joyfully rejoice because He is our King. The only way He can be the King of Kings of our life is to be walking in obedience to His will. We can't just say it but we must live it. Every morning we need to ask Him to cleanse us so He can fill us. Finally, in verses seven through nine we see that we need to rejoice in Him returning for us. He will come back to judge and when we are living righteous lives we will spend eternity with Him. Then we will receive the ultimate joy of our conquering warrior King that we read about in Revelation 19:11-16.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
We all have a choice whether we will receive the ultimate joy or not. Oh how I pray for more people to not only accept Him into their hearts but to allow Him to be their King of Kings who they are surrendered to.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You seems so inadequate to say for last night. You knew what I needed and You made sure it was provided. Thank You for Nancy opening her home and working so hard to make the evening perfect. Lord, bless her in abundance. Today I am praying for more people to accept You in their hearts and to allow You to be their King of Kings. Father, I pray this morning You will cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray You will be in every aspect of my day. May You be my words, actions, and attitude in a mighty way. Thank You for the way You enabled me to complete both of my school projects. I pray for a continuation of Your strength as I finish out this week of class with the regular work and the final exam. I also pray for tonight's activities with the children and teens to be exactly what You desire. Open their hearts up to what You have in store for them. Thank You Jesus for being My King of Kings. Amen.

No comments: