Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Romans 15:13 - "Make Room"


I sure did not want to get up this morning but when I heard the pitter patter of my four-legged buddy I knew it was time. I was grateful for the nine hours of sleep with God waking me once to pray. My first thought this morning was "I don't want to get up..." but then the Lord clearly spoke to me. "You can choose being crabby today or you can choose me, Joy." Boy does He know how to get me! Of course, with Him saying this I will definitely choose Joy. Otherwise, I might have chosen crabby for a little bit. We all have the choice to choose allowing our emotions or physical conditions making us crabby or not. We have the choice of allowing the world to set the tone for our day or allowing Jesus to do so. We can allow our circumstances to be in control or we can allow Jesus to be. It sounds so simple yet can be so hard. Today I am physically exhausted even after a night of sleep. Yesterday had some very emotional times in it. Nothing was extreme but it was there. Nothing was earth shattering but it still caused for emotional pulls. Anytime there are emotional or mental stresses my body reacts. I am grateful this is not my 'normal' Tuesday. I have to get my tank filled back up before tonight's activities. I dreaded seeing the email from the professor this morning. He mentioned something about this being a jam-filled week. He got that right! Only it is not just jammed-filled in my class but on our calendar as well. But God is good and He will see me through it. He is my strength and will be throughout this week as I allow Him to be my wisdom on when to rest and with my school work. As I allow Him this place in my life, I will be blessed with His joy and peace. Woo hoo! This week is a celebration week of His birth. It is a week to bask in His presence. It is a week to share His love with others. There is much to do but the most important thing to do is listen and obey what He puts before me. Not only do I need to listen to Him but I need to do it with a joyful heart. I need to be ready to proclaim the Good News! I need to allow Him to guide my feet and my words in the way He desires. God did not send His Son to this earth for me to mope around and be crabby. He sent Him for me to live a victorious, joyful life!

Dear Jesus,
I choose You, I choose Joy today. I choose Your strength and wisdom today. I choose You being in control of every aspect of my life. I choose Your presence to live in today. Thank You for cleansing me this morning and making me anew. Thank You for filling me with more of You so You will flow out of me in a new, different way throughout this day. Father, You know how I am feeling physically which effects my mental and emotional beings. May You fill my tank to overflowing today so people will see/hear You instead of me today. Thank You for being My Victorious Joy! Amen.

No comments: