Friday, December 14, 2018

John 1 - "Sweet Little Jesus Boy"

I woke up this morning singing these words to "Sweet Little Jesus Boy"....

Sweet little Jesus Boy, They made You be born in a manger.
Sweet little Holy Child, didn’t know who You was. Didn’t know You’d come to save us, Lord,
To take our sins away. Our eyes was blind, we couldn’t see, We didn’t know who You was.
I don't know if I have heard this song recently or not. It is a sad one yet one that should make everyone think about the purpose of Jesus' life while on this earth. It is sad because it shows the worldly ways of people not knowing Him. People are blinded to His love because we, as believers, are not showing it enough. Oh how my heart breaks for the state of our world. Lives could be changed if more believers would live a life of His love. What will it take to get people to quit living in the ways of the world and instead live with Him in total control of their lives? John 1:10-11 reads in The Message, "He was in the world, the world was there through him, and yet the world didn't even notice. He came to his own people, but they didn't want him." Jesus' birth and death were for all people yet so many rejected Him while He was on this earth and continue to reject Him today. We may not have been the ones who spit on Him, jeered Him, watched Him get beat and cheer the beatings on, etc. but we do show signs of rejecting Him today. When we allow our calendar to get so filled up there is no time for Him, we are rejecting Him. When we begin our day making a 'to-do list' instead of allowing Him to be in control, we are rejecting Him. When we put others in front of Him, we are rejecting Him. When we are hurt by others and become angry instead of allowing Him to fill us with His peace, we are rejecting Him. We all deal with times where we do not depend totally on Him but thankfully those times have become fewer and farther in between for me. Oh how I pray for more people to seek Him. As they seek, may believers be beside them enabling them to find Him. Once He is found, may they get to the end of themselves and allow Him full reign of their life. Along with this song this morning, God had me praying for many who are going through tough times. I pray none of them will lose sight of Jesus...
  • Children who are dealing with illnesses/disease: Lilly, Reid, Richie, Natalie
  • Peggy who has been given a terminal diagnosis
  • Paula with a recent fall
  • Two little ones whose single mommy is walking down the wrong path
  • Billie who had chemo this week and others who continue their battle with cancer
  • Sherry's father and Mandy's son who had a kidney removed this week
  • Donna who is having both back and knee issues
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for coming to this earth to die and raise again for all. Thank You for walking in obedience to our Heavenly Father while You were on this earth even though You were treated so badly. Thank You for loving us even when we don't deserve it. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray You will be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be greater than me. I pray the same for all believers. I pray those who are not in relationship with You will find You. I also pray those who are in relationship with You will go deeper and allow You full control of every aspect of their life. Father, bless this day that is ahead with lots of You flowing from me. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Seek and Serve. Amen.



No comments: