Monday, December 10, 2018

Matthew 1:21-23 - "Emmanuel"


I don't mind being woke up in the middle of the night with an urgency to pray for someone but when it is for protection it can be a little unnerving. At 2:45 when it is for protection for my Momma, it really can be tough. The Lord had me pray for protection for her physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually. I was grateful when He had me pray for the physical protection to be so she didn't fall on the snow/ice. That was easier to pray than if there was someone trying to cause her problems. I understand the financial protection with the way scammers are trying to rip people off. We all need spiritual protection as the enemy tries to tear us down. I especially understood the mental/emotional protection because she is struggling with Christmas. She can't do what she wants to do. She has already backed off as the years go by of doing what she use to do but this year is tough. I so wish I were there to help her although I have had to back off of doing a lot myself. I thought of how I feel and understand what she is going through. But what we all need to remember is that Jesus' birth is what we need to celebrate. Just as I said yesterday, it is not about the food, gifts, etc. It is about celebrating His birth. The three wisemen brought gifts to show their honor to Him. It is hard to not have gifts to show we love people. When you've always given gifts, made big meals, been with family, etc., it is hard to do anything different but we must remember God is with us. He loves us. He knows our hurts and pains. But most of all He knows our hearts and He is with us no matter what. He is always with us. Praise His Holy Name for the hope we have in Him. Oh how I wish more people would find Him so they could experience such hope. I pray for more people to find His peace that makes no sense to the world and is only found in Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me with the opportunity to pray for my Momma during the night. Thank You for the way You give her strength every day. Thank You for putting people before her that encourage her. Thank You for bringing to my mind the song my Hillsong that encourages my heart. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May I be a beacon of light to all who see me today. May Your words, actions, and attitude flow through me. Lord, go before me with the situation I am facing this afternoon. I am praying for Your peace within this situation. I also pray for the meetings tonight to be full of Your presence. Thank You for being My Emmanuel! Amen.

No comments: